Looking for a reputable transmission shop near Lexington NC

ManglerYJ

It would appear that the front seal on my son's truck just went out. It is a 1993 Ford Ranger with a 3.0 liter 4WD. I did recently replace the transmission filter and filled with fresh oil. As I was driving it home tonight, the truck started smoking about 1/4 mile from home. As I pulled onto my road, I could see a stream of oil behind me. It was dumping trans fluid out the front of the transmission, so I'm assuming front seal. 20 years ago, I wouldn't have hesitated pulling the transmission in my driveway, but I don't have the time or inclination any more. Looking for someone reputable to work on it. It still moves in drive, but I will not attempt to move it more than I need to until it's fixed. He has about 9 months before he gets his actual license, so it's not a major rush.

It would appear that the front seal on my son's truck just went out. It is a 1993 Ford Ranger with a 3.0 liter 4WD. I did recently replace the transmission filter and filled with fresh oil. As I was driving it home tonight, the truck started smoking about 1/4 mile from home. As I pulled onto my road, I could see a stream of oil behind me. It was dumping trans fluid out the front of the transmission, so I'm assuming front seal. 20 years ago, I wouldn't have hesitated pulling the transmission in my driveway, but I don't have the time or inclination any more. Looking for someone reputable to work on it. It still moves in drive, but I will not attempt to move it more than I need to until it's fixed. He has about 9 months before he gets his actual license, so it's not a major rush.
If you’re thinking it’s just the sea I’d definitely look for a general mechanic. A trans guy is gonna try to sell you a rebuild. Not sure of any suggestions, but if your set on a trans guy price trans in Lexington has “rebuilt” a couple for me with no problems. Weird dude for sure, but will “refresh, rebuild, or build a trans”

Warren transmission in Winston. Good people. He hasn't done work for me, but he opened a kit and gave me on rings out of it for free one day.

Billy's transmission built the one in my jeep. Dude named Josh did it. Very fair price and so far so good. It's a hole in the wall.

If you’re thinking it’s just the sea I’d definitely look for a general mechanic. A trans guy is gonna try to sell you a rebuild. Not sure of any suggestions, but if your set on a trans guy price trans in Lexington has “rebuilt” a couple for me with no problems. Weird dude for sure, but will “refresh, rebuild, or build a trans”
Price Transmission just outside of Lexington?
Guy's name is Charlie Price? I think it's the same guy who ran Advantage Transmission in Salisbury a few years ago.
Had a good encounter the first time with a reman 4L60E in my old Suburban. After he jerked me around for about 3 weeks with a transfer case putting in a "new" case that howled like a banshee I had my fill of dealing with him.
I wasn't the only person he screwed over; not sure if it's the same guy though but definitely something to be aware of.

It's a bit of a haul but Transmissions Unlimited in Mooresville has been pretty good to deal with so far. I've yet to have any work done but I've talked to quite a few people who've had work done and it's been nothing but positive.

Back