Looking for Advice on Rock Slide Eng Steps

DanCvmi93

Happy friday!
As I build out the Jeep to get more aggressive off road I have an issue with getting in and out. Since Cori (my wife) has very limited mobility I have to pick her up to put her in the Jeep. If I had a step halfway to the ground she could potentially (on her average or good days) boost herself into the cab. I would hate to loose the ground clearance having a fixed step that low and want to make sure I have something that provides protection on the trail. The only option I have found that I think does both without losing clearance is the RSE step sliders. (Link below)
They are way more than I want to invest but if this is the only option, I may have to...
Has anyone had experience with these or the company itself? Any other products or ideas on how to solve my dilemma that may be cheaper , other than carrying a step around, (although that may be the best solution)?
JK 4D STEP SLIDERS

paradisePWoffrd

Recovering Project Junkie
Years ago folks used to build chain steps. Weld the middle section of chain together to create a solid link and it'll move out of the waxy on the trail. I doubt it would be solid enough for her, as they still move around.

My only concern with the RSE steps would be function after dragging the rocker down a rock. But I have no actual experience with them.

Dawnpatrol

Jesse Higgins
I can't imagine anything that is retractable would hold up to sliding on rocks. Your best bet maybe a small collapsible aluminum stool. One that would be easy to store. Plus it could double for a chair or low table for lunch on the trails.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

C.Berry

Bad News
Couldn’t you add tabs to a slider and add something like a fold down step with control arm bushings and when she gets in just pull it up make it up in the tube so when it’s dropped downcast the tube/metal is solid wth weight on it! I can’t draw a sketch of what’s in thinking if needed!