looking for charlotte area vehicle electric work

alkaline747trio

Pretty much need my whole truck re-wired. Want it done as good or better than stock. I know you get what you pay for, but I don't want someone that thinks their work is worth it's weight in gold...unless that's my only option.

What type of vehicle are we talking about here? Why exactly does the whole thing need rewiring?

I would either use a painless wiring kit for an older vehicle or hit the junkyards for the newer stuff.

1992 Toyota Land Cruiser with a 3FE 4.0 EFI I6. One of the two, possibly three, previous owners had installed a security system by chopping up the main wiring harness. Then yanked it out and halfway remembered where shit was putting it back together with bubblegum and duct-tape.

Then someone decided they wanted to be an audio guru and chop up the radio harness to install a Pyle, yea sure was a pile, radio and some POS Walmart speakers.

Then there's the trailer harness that was installed at one point by I'm assuming this same electrical whiz that's responsible for most of the other stuff. I lopped it out and tried to get it back together like Mr. T had intended...but alas I am impatient and not great with wiring.

The front speakers were replaced but they didn't do what I wanted and wire it back like stock. The headunit was replaced twice, stuck with a Kenwood until I get things back to stock and I can use the simple $15 adapters.

The DS brake/park/reverse/indicator lights have been screwy since before I lopped out the trailer controller. Taking it out kinda fixed it...but again nothing looks professional and has been doing the same shit erratically for as long as I can remember. I wired into this already screwy side, as to not ruin everything, the two back-up lights on my roof rack. This could also use some work.

There's the switch I installed to control the 'carb fan', which is this squirrel cage blower that comes on after shutdown when the engine is still warm and blows onto the intake manifold (which is right above the exhaust). It was installed with speaker wire...I was 16.

The EFI relay wiring is a known issue on these vehicles. The ground wire specifically was too small for the load and it overheats relays and stops the vehicle real quick or just makes it act like it's always running out of fuel. Rather than just replace just this one wire and pins, I'd love for my whole under-hood wiring harness to be upgraded to withstand the heat and loads present.

Other than that, I've still got a speedometer that doesn't work. An awful death wobble. A leaky PS pump. A messed up PS rotor and pads. And considering it's almost been a year since I've driven the damn thing, I'm sure a few more issues.

http://www.car-part.com
comes in handy from time to time. There were several listed for a search on 'wiring harness'. Might have to call them and see what all is left. Then go pull it (tedious).

Back