Looking for some advice for "Lease On" Power only Hotshot

Also for the dump trailer idea i actually looked into it a while back. I can get gravel delivered for the same price per ton as i could buy it for at the quarry. The people hauling everyday get good discounts.

He has an 04.5 2500 with a 12v and dually swap. He broke rings on his CR and his extensive idle time overnight wasn't helping it as he neared 400K on that engine. 04.5+ trucks have a different bowl and injector nozzle tip design that often break rings in normal operating stock conditions anywhere from 150K and up typically. He's still lease on with RV Mafia I believe.

I've seen a few of them but I take a lot of things with a grain of salt.
Sounds about right for him.
You can take it all with a grain of salt... But those guys are nearly daily vlogging their trials and tribulations. Sure some of it is to get views, but there will always be something that comes up. My opinion is you can get some good insight of those various forms of hot shot and freight by watching them.
I think at the end of the day it's really just whether or not you can find some one to lease under. Beyond that, run what you got, save up and continue to invest in your equipment and upgrade as you can. It can be done with what you have, it's just going to a bit tough to do.

Nah, you just get used to changing the rear pads.
Easy enough, modern brake compounds, and metallurgy have come along way since 03. Too much reliance on bells and whistles builds dependency. VGT turbos aren't known for longevity and consistent performance.

Having just upgraded my favorite truck, a moderately built 06 6spd 2500 it too should have put down 500 and 1100. Towed great on like a plus 75 or 100 tune. It was a blast to drive around town and i towed 6 to 12k pounds weekly. Having said that, would it take that truck across across the country yes... would i have drove that truck across the country every week... NO. Also 6 spd doesn't do shit slowing down a load without an exhaust brake.

To each their own, G56s make me nervous too.

Sounds about right for him.
You can take it all with a grain of salt... But those guys are nearly daily vlogging their trials and tribulations. Sure some of it is to get views, but there will always be something that comes up. My opinion is you can get some good insight of those various forms of hot shot and freight by watching them.
I think at the end of the day it's really just whether or not you can find some one to lease under. Beyond that, run what you got, save up and continue to invest in your equipment and upgrade as you can. It can be done with what you have, it's just going to a bit tough to do.
True, I'll do my research and make some calls but I'm not holding my breath after this discussion. I could only imagine the flack he would catch for his truck in this thread compared to me.

I don't know what they ever did without a factory exhaust brake in 03. Parachutes?, Large kites?, rear facing jet engines?, anchors?

What I'm getting from this thread is that maybe some of you are to old to drive an 03. Heated seats, lane assist, back up cameras, and nail clipping pedals have gotten the better of you. ;)

True, I'll do my research and make some calls but I'm not holding my breath after this discussion. I could only imagine the flack he would catch for his truck in this thread compared to me.
I just reread the entire thread (twice actually) and don't see anyone giving you flack about your truck. What I did see is misinterpreted comments, a recurring defensiveness about your truck, and an unwillingness to hear what many experienced people are telling you about the general topic. So yeah, you should fit right in around here :laughing:

I just reread the entire thread (twice actually) and don't see anyone giving you flack about your truck. What I did see is misinterpreted comments, a recurring defensiveness about your truck, and an unwillingness to hear what many experienced people are telling you about the general topic. So yeah, you should fit right in around here :laughing:
By flack I mean banter, by banter I mean bull-shiting. I sincerely appreciate the discussion and advice. But yall would light Steve Millers' truck up like gasoline on a runaway diesel.

Ladies and Gentlemen, as our resident pet @marty79 has grown and matured, thus learning to somewhat accept advice, it is only natural that yet another would come along and fill this role. We congratulate John on his accomplishments, and look forward to the occasional setbacks for entertainment from time to time, however it is time for a new full time person for this role.

Without further adieu, I give you the new Fuller.

Ladies and Gentlemen, as our resident pet @marty79 has grown and matured, thus learning to somewhat accept advice, it is only natural that yet another would come along and fill this role. We congratulate John on his accomplishments, and look forward to the occasional setbacks for entertainment from time to time, however it is time for a new full time person for this role.

Without further adieu, I give you the new Fuller.

Do I get a sticker I can put on my tailgate? I wanna let people know when they pass me in the slow lane.

Do I get a sticker I can put on my tailgate? I wanna let people know when they pass me in the slow lane.

Easy now, we don’t give attendance trophies. Took @marty79 a long time to get that “banned twice already” banner.

pm'ing you my friends number. He has ran Campers all over the east coast. Done some hot shot loads. He's a family guy, damn good wrench, and someone who want blow smoke. He did like you started with a mild built reliable truck. Lost track on how many he wore out, traded for, and dumped money into fixing things a semi is designed to handle. He can tell you all about getting hired on, jumping to new leases, converting the rear cab into a bed and spending money. A phrase comes to mind when you get that fat check and think you done good.

pm'ing you my friends number. He has ran Campers all over the east coast. Done some hot shot loads. He's a family guy, damn good wrench, and someone who want blow smoke. He did like you started with a mild built reliable truck. Lost track on how many he wore out, traded for, and dumped money into fixing things a semi is designed to handle. He can tell you all about getting hired on, jumping to new leases, converting the rear cab into a bed and spending money. A phrase comes to mind when you get that fat check and think you done good.

Thank you!, I'll try getting in contact with him tomorrow.

Back