Looking for someone/shop near Fayetteville to Weld Axle Truss

AQHACowboy

I am in Spring Lake and I am trying to find someone or a local shop that can weld a truss onto my front axle since I will have it out of the truck to get sand blasted. Also have limiting strap tabs that need to be welded on as well as traction bars for the rear.

Any help or recommendations would be great.

I will give you some advice from a guy who lives in Fayetteville and has seen the shennanigans of the 3 major shops in town. They all have their weaknesses and strengths but for what it's worth I have always preferred Performance Offroad on Reilly Road. Wilsons doesn't necessarily do bad work but they are the take your money and put 40's on a Dana 35 axle type of shop and then say it's gonna be fully capable. Get Ugly out in Raeford is a shade tree shop and their fab work is trash. Standard bolt on stuff, meh, not horrible but not good either. All in all Performance may not be the greatest either but Billy can weld it up and it will be solid! He just did mine for my 60 and has done other welding for me and never had a single issue. If it's an option bring the axle on a trailer and it will save you a ton of headache in the long run too.

Btw: They may take a bit to get it in and done and don't take the initial look of the shop to heart. It's a bit of a hole but they do good solid work.

Mr. SkyhighZJ,
I have to say that I don't think your assessment of my shop is accurate. I can understand that you are a Billy fan, that is great, but to say that we would give people wrong information is false. I do not appreciate being called a liar, or having my integrity questioned. I can't tell you the number of times I have lost business being honest with my customers. To be fair, if a customer wants 40's on a Dana 44 (not a 35 )until they can save up for a 60 or 80 we are all about helping people meet their goals on a budget, but we are honest with them. I am not going to go into here but we have fixed many a fabricated mess in Fayetteville. AQHA cowboy if you would like to come to the shop, I will run a bead for you and you can make your own decision, mig, tig or stick your choice. I have an LJ at the shop that we welded a truss, 3 link, and coilover towers in and you can judge for yourself.

All I am going to say is I will not take anything I own to Performance Off Road.

Both my trusses have to be welded with the axle in the trucks. The front truss is an under the axle and is also pre-loaded. The rear Artec has to be welded in after my traction bars are installed and will need to be fitted while the axle is under the truck.

I have no problem driving the truck out to Troy or Charlotte to get it welded. Just not looking to get pay outrageous and unrealistic prices for the welding. I know the front is about 3 hours and that also includes the prep time, I am not to sure about the rear and traction bars should be about 3 hours at the most with prep time.

Thank you all for your help and if you can think of anyone that can help please post up.

Back