Looking for someone to fab a custom rear bumper near Charlotte.

rusty904

So I was recently rear-ended with a a bike rack on my old 4runner and my receiver was destroyed. I want to use the insurance money for a bumper with an integrated hitch. I'm not a fan of the tube style and those seem to be all that are pre-fabbed for 1st gen 4runners. My truck is a 1988 4runner.

Here's some examples of what I'm looking for. Square tubing or "plate style" and an integrated receiver to be used as a recovery point and a place to mount my hitch bike rack.

If anyone knows of a good shop that can handle this, let me know!

Attachments

• dce07c48c7d71db1f027214873139e2e.jpg
    dce07c48c7d71db1f027214873139e2e.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,680
  • IMG_20141109_140327_547_zpsyncobbls.jpg
    IMG_20141109_140327_547_zpsyncobbls.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 479
  • rear bumper 4.jpg
    rear bumper 4.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,287
Did it crush a bike too?

That first bumper is one of my favorites.

The early 4runner rear suspension is nearly overloaded with the fiberglass top. Add a rear bumper, bikes, spare, and gear...If you're not careful, it will have a good squat.

Speaking from experience building the rear bumper on my 85 4runner, make sure the rear suspension is up for the task. My bumper tire carrier combo is overkill weight and size, but regardless it will be way easier to do it all right once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My bikes were damaged, one was totaled. I'm still trying to get compensated properly by USAA for them. They were nice MTB's I use for racing so it will take some convincing for USAA to pay me their worth.

I'd like to carry the spare underneath. I mostly just carry a compressor and a flat repair kit since the only way I can carry my tire at the moment is to plop it in the back.

I'd like to keep the bumper nice and minimal. Most of my off-roading is done on rutted out jeep roads in the forest. Don't do ORV parks so crazy protection isn't necessary.

@paradisePWoffrd a really rowdy single seater out of the Davie off-road area...otherwise known as the best driveline man in the Winston and greater areas...Oliver's

@rusty904 I will call you in the AM. Thanks.

I am looking to upgrade my stock rear bumper on my 86 4Runner. If making 2 helps out I'd be interested in one like the first one but would love a spare tire carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back