looking for someone to shave my 14 bolt

You might want to rethink doing it. There was some discussion on pbb a while back and a dude on there who had a massive shave job on his 14 bolt under one buggy later had a non-shaved 14 bolt and stated he didn't think it was worth all the work. He did however rotate the pinion up quite a bit to increase clearance and claimed that was very much worth it. Funny to re-read that thread now as I still haven't four-linked the rear of my truck, lol.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608750&highlight=14+bolt

PJ at M&M offraod should be able to help ya out.

I have done several.

Its really pretty easy to do. I am not the most mechanically inclined and I just took a sawzall and started hacking with that and then cleaned it all up with my grinder. I think it took all of an hour.

looking for someone to take about 3" off, i think this takes about 1/4" off the ring gear too. I know how to shave it, just dont have the tools to shave the ring gear or the skills to weld the plate onto the cast

Aaron Bishop does this. I saw his and from what I saw and what he told me I like it. He takes a big hunk off the bottom. Turns down the ring gear, welds a inch thick piece back on the bottom with a grove for the ring gear to run. IIRC gives you about 2.5-3" more clearance. Not sure of his contact info though, he did used to be on this board. His shop is between Boone and Mnt City on 421.

Aaron is at the NC/TN state line on the way to Mountain City. hcore4x4 here on the board.
828-268-0009 is the number I have.

PJ would be a whole lot closer :) he's in Mocksville. mpistolpj here on NC4x4.

thanks guys!! and thanks for the read Drkelley. that guy presented some good arguments but i think im still going to shave, this pumpkin is huge. may or may not do ring gear shave just have to see.

If you bring it to Greenville I'll do it at the same time I do mine. I'm taking mine down quite a bit and will be taking some off of the ring gear as well.

I'll be doing it within the next 2 weeks.

I figured it was far, was just offering it up if you happen to make it down here.

PJ is close to you and does pretty good work. I'm sure Alex at Carolina Truggies would be interested. He isn't too far from you either.

Back