Looking for someone who can weld cast iron near Asheville

hans747

Hey guys,

This is actually not auto-related, but the right shop might be able to help me. I was moving an antique piano, and I accidentally put weight on one of the cast-iron pedals. It snapped right in half.

I just want someone who can stick it back together. This crack is only an inch wide. It doesn't have to be pretty, because the break is in a location where no one will see it. Can you suggest anyone near Asheville who can do this? I called a bunch of welders who either don't touch cast iron, or want $60 just to look at this thing.

All help is appreciated...

Thanks!

I'm not near Asheville Or I would put my name in the hat. As for the $60. If they can truly weld cast iron properly, that is not a bad price. Cast iron isn't just stuck together by any means. If its really old casting of white, or grey iron doing it wrong has the potential to make a bunch of smaller pieces out of the two if heated incorrectly. Plus the proper filler material is through the roof! Good luck with your endeavor.

If you can remove it I would recommend sending it to warrior welding u will get what u pay for

Back