looking for steel

UsmcJeeper

Looking for Steel in greensboro NC. Everyone I have called only has steel in large quantities. I am not looking for hundreds of pounds initially. I want to fab a bumper and roof rack. If anyone knows of a place where I can get tubing, both square and DOM, and sheet steel and expanded metal for decent prices and quantities im all ears.

Thanks

try the scrapyard...DH Griffin is hit or miss. I dont think they keep as they as they used to, but it still might be worth some time wandering around.

Not sure how far you're willing to drive, but near the upper end of the University area (more like harrisburg) is a place called "Foils" that has some really good prices - the more you shop there, the more they get to know you, the lower their prices become.

I quoted a 4x8 sheet of expanded #9 metal - everyone else was $100 or more, foils was 1/2 that or better.

Not sure how far you're willing to drive, but near the upper end of the University area (more like harrisburg) is a place called "Foils" that has some really good prices - the more you shop there, the more they get to know you, the lower their prices become.
I quoted a 4x8 sheet of expanded #9 metal - everyone else was $100 or more, foils was 1/2 that or better.

got a number for them? im in the market as well

JB, go to DH, they have always been cool, usually willing to give you a killer deal, and I know your not looking to buy large amounts of sheet/tube whatever.

My brother got some nice 1/4 sheet from them a while back for almost nothing and I know Jon's had luck getting tube from them.

Raleigh Area Steel

Looking for Steel in greensboro NC. Everyone I have called only has steel in large quantities. I am not looking for hundreds of pounds initially. I want to fab a bumper and roof rack. If anyone knows of a place where I can get tubing, both square and DOM, and sheet steel and expanded metal for decent prices and quantities im all ears.
Thanks

Email Matthew (matthewmvalentine@gmail.com)

Matthew has been a great help with both of my SAS Projects, Bumpers, and other small projects. You can order one piece of steel or a ton, even can do bending of steel or laser cutting.

Matthew lives in Raleigh so we always meets me in Raleigh even though the bussiness is in Fayetteville. May be worth the drive.

Matthew Valentine
McCune Technology
Fayetteville Steel

I would be happy to help, thanks for reference JM. A sheet of 4 x 8 3/4 #9 exp metal will cost $48 plus tax. You can send me a list and I will gladly price anything - even if you don't go with me at least it will keep the other guy honest.

Matthew - 919-421-4241

Back