looking to buy a winch.

rolling_down_the_hill

looking for no less than an 8k winch. cant spend more than 400$ and i hate 4 wheel parts. but i dont like buying stuff i cant take back to were i bought it in case it breaks and i havent found anywere that can match their price on them. not sure if any of the vendors sell em or not. ie... im not the greatest at web hunting.

and a rear 10 bolt diff guard. yes i said 10 bolt. and yes it will eventually become a 14 bolt.

winch

I dont know what kind you are looking for but northern tool has they're 9k winch on sale for 379. The store here in hickory has about 25 of them in the isle and they actually look really nice for the money. They also have good reveiws on theyre website. Just letting you know.

smittybuilt 8000k is like $300 dollars and i can have one next day. a warn m8000 is the best value for a winch in my opinion they are on sale now for $550 but thats a little more than u wanna spend.

smittybuilt 8000k is like $300 dollars and i can have one next day. a warn m8000 is the best value for a winch in my opinion they are on sale now for $550 but thats a little more than u wanna spend.
Well there ya go. I know of a handful of people using the smitty winches and they ALL have nothing bad to say about them.

I dont know what kind you are looking for but northern tool has they're 9k winch on sale for 379. The store here in hickory has about 25 of them in the isle and they actually look really nice for the money. They also have good reveiws on theyre website. Just letting you know.

Till that b och catches fire and burns your stuff to the ground. Read a few stories about HF 8k winches catching fire.

Brandon that's a-friggen-mazing. You get good deals on small stuff? Thinking about a 3k suck-down on the cheap and move 1 of my winches to the pull-truck

Till that b och catches fire and burns your stuff to the ground. Read a few stories about HF 8k winches catching fire.
Brandon that's a-friggen-mazing. You get good deals on small stuff? Thinking about a 3k suck-down on the cheap and move 1 of my winches to the pull-truck

Where I can I read these stories??

Ive had a harbor freight 8k lb winch for 6 years and Ive never had 1 problem with it. Ive used it over 100 times.

Where I can I read these stories??
Ive had a harbor freight 8k lb winch for 6 years and Ive never had 1 problem with it. Ive used it over 100 times.

Just so you know I'm not just some stranger/story-maker-upper-doood: http://www.automotiveforums.com/t3639-chicago_electric_harbor_freight_8000_lb_winch.html

I hope yours holds together forever, but I've heard enough smack about Harbor Freight electrical goodies to steer away from anything powered. Something that's made to draw 500+ amps on my un-insured $20k investment that could burn to the ground and leave poor and with no toys, yikes.

Back