lost my civillianship tuesday...

Banned User

im now one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children. swore in tuesday. lookin forward to every second of boot camp, and im not even kidding, thats the main reason im doin it is just cause i wanna go through it all. But anyway, if anyone else out there is commin outta highschool and is thinking about commin onboard with the marines too then let me know, ill answer your questions and let you know who to talk to. -971-5498

Best of luck to ya, Chase. Thanks for carrying the torch.

You're not a Marine yet. Not til you graduate. The way my drill instructor "explained" it to me: "RECRUIT. THINK OF MY CORPS AS A TOTEM POLE WITH THE COMMANDANT AT THE TOP AND THE NEWEST PRIVATE AT THE BOTTOM. YOU ARE A RECRUIT. THAT MEANS YOU ARE THE DIRT UNDER THE POLE"

Congrats,

Kevin

SEMPER FI

crawlinjp said:
You're not a Marine yet. Not til you graduate. The way my drill instructor "explained" it to me: "RECRUIT. THINK OF MY CORPS AS A TOTEM POLE WITH THE COMMANDANT AT THE TOP AND THE NEWEST PRIVATE AT THE BOTTOM. YOU ARE A RECRUIT. THAT MEANS YOU ARE THE DIRT UNDER THE POLE"

Exactly how it was explained to me some 25 years ago... Gone are the days when the DI's could say or *do* anything they wanted! Here are the days of "stress cards", no thumpin', and no in your face "discussions" of your mamma/GF/wife... :shaking:

Congrats on the first step and good fortune on the next! Semper Fi

Former JarHead and "Thumpin' Third Bn." priv

Caver Dave said:
Exactly how it was explained to me some 25 years ago... Gone are the days when the DI's could say or *do* anything they wanted! Here are the days of "stress cards", no thumpin', and no in your face "discussions" of your mamma/GF/wife... :shaking:
Congrats on the first step and good fortune on the next! Semper Fi
Former JarHead and "Thumpin' Third Bn." priv
No doubt it's nothing like it was years ago, but we're not the army either...there still aren't any stress cards, and no less mother/gf "discussion". Plus the sand fleas still bite. flipoff2:
Luck be with you, it's fun (if you can handle it) and it sucks pretty bad all at the same time.

Former JarHead
I thought there wasn't supposed to be any such thing as a "former" Jarhead, er, Marine... ;)

Hooah, kid! Good luck.

Back