Lots of interesting news today

Saw this just last night.Looks like hard times might be ahead for the Only fans folks,
discussing weird science GIF

I'm estimating we're about 2 years from complete chaos at this pace

I'm really confused about exactly what "AI" is, and so is the rest of the world, apparently.

If my understanding is correct, this doesn't require AI, It requires a renderer, a photo, and a script. the software to sync the lips isn't AI, the software to show emotion isn't AI,

AI would come in if you had it write the script, and the use of Machine Learning would help it do so.

The renderer in the hands of humans writing scripts to create deep fakes is probably a lot more dangerous than a complete AI character based on a real person for at least the next 5 years or so, and it will probably only take a few of those before the general public learns that video evidence is worthless and stops trusting video altogether. I'm guessing this is not the path to chaos.

Chaos comes when we give AI the instruction to protect us, and the means to do it.... Then we're done for!

I'm really confused about exactly what "AI" is, and so is the rest of the world, apparently.

If my understanding is correct, this doesn't require AI, It requires a renderer, a photo, and a script. the software to sync the lips isn't AI, the software to show emotion isn't AI,

AI would come in if you had it write the script, and the use of Machine Learning would help it do so.

The renderer in the hands of humans writing scripts to create deep fakes is probably a lot more dangerous than a complete AI character based on a real person for at least the next 5 years or so, and it will probably only take a few of those before the general public learns that video evidence is worthless and stops trusting video altogether. I'm guessing this is not the path to chaos.

Chaos comes when we give AI the instruction to protect us, and the means to do it.... Then we're done for!
If you look at what a LLM actually is I have a hard time calling it truly AI as well. But maybe that’s changed in the past six months.

There are 2 areas where powerlines cross the lake and they have concrete piles with reflective signs on them. The guys where running fast w/o a light at about 2am when they hit the pile.

Y’all never snuck out at night?
That's what I was thinking.
I had great parents. And may or may not have been drug home at 2:30 by the cops, very much to parents surprise.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking.
I had great parents. And may or may not have been drug home in a couple car at 2:30 by the cops, very much to parents surprise.
I never got busted by the cops, but my Dad did notice one morning my truck was muddy when it had been clean the night before. All he said was “go out there and wash it before your momma sees it.”

Been several recently….

First, I would not want to be an air/ground traffic controller. Even if I had the aptitude for it.

Second, I hope that pilots hold some responsibility in watching for other traffic. Not that I've ever sat in their seat to understand what it's like out there taxiing around. But I look both ways when crossing intersections.

Third, who the fuck designed that airport? look at all those crossings!

4th, I bet this shit happens more often than we think. I know of one flight I was on where we were landing into Prague Airport and about 200 ft off the deck, the pilot went full throttle and nose up because someone was either still on the runway or crossing it. that was fun!

Back