LTB or regular TSL

JimEvans316

I am trying to figure out which tires to buy for my trooper :driver: I am just wondering if anyone has had both of them before, or know anyone who can say which is better. I am thinking 33x13.5 ltb, or 33x12.5 tsl.hep me :flipoff2:

I have a set of the 31x11.50 LTB's, and I run a 31x10.50 TSL spare. They're pretty much the same tire except the center tread is a little different and I think they may be a little softer. LTB's are definitely not what you want for a street tire, but they are awesome for the mud and rocks.

My opinion... I'd go LTB if you have another set of street tires to run. They're cheaper anyway.

Assuming this is NOT for a street use (mostly trail use), I really don't see any reason to not go with the LTBs. Buddy of mine runs them on his XJ and they are SWEET! (Price is the main factor here imho)

Sam

so I found out today that the TSL radial's are 2 ply side wall and the bias is a 4ply side wall, the LTB is also a 4ply side wall and the large lug is longer then the TSL. So i am thinking that a 4ply TSL will be the best of both worlds, Because i will have a strong side wall, and they will ride much better on the road then the LTB's , plus the price is about the same.

All bias TSL's are NOT 4 plies on the sidewall... Many are 3, which is still equal to, or better than 90% of the tires out there

thanks

thanks for the input guys. :D I drive this rig to work everyday, and go off road whenever i can on the weekends, so i'll probably go with regular tsl's.
all i have heard from other people recently is that ltb's suck on the road, and they sound like a ww2 bomber in full dive! Thanks again for the advice :flipoff2:

While you *might* get a few thousand more miles out of the TSL over the LTBs... I feel you will be sorely disappointed by the longevity (or lack of) in both, given your situation (DD thru week...offroad occasionally), you'll lay out the dead presidents and they'll be "babies @$$ bald" in 10K-20K (that'd be about 1/2 what a properly maintained set of BFGs get)

Just remember "I told you so" :beer:

whats up beyotch!!!!! :flipoff2: :flipoff2: glad to see you came over to the board

my 2 pennies: just get whatever is cheaper. the 10 mile round trip to work shouldn't discourage your decision as far as tire type. Just get it to the trail now and again to use em what they are made for :beer:

What???????? You mean that you don't like the sound of a wwII bomber in full dive!! Nobbies tires make the most beautiful sound on earth when they're on black top.
ROCK ON :Rockon:

If you get bias ply tsl's and you let them sit in cold weather they will go out of round and feel like they are square for a few miles until they sling back to round.

Wolfpack OffRoad said:
If you get bias ply tsl's and you let them sit in cold weather they will go out of round and feel like they are square for a few miles until they sling back to round.

You can say that again. My LTB's sometimes sit for weeks at a time, and when you first take them out on the road it feels like swamper made a damn square tire.

Back