Marion/Morganton NC peeps

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
Years ago I use to go to a junk yard around Marion NC called Oak Park auto parts /auto salvage that was ran by a white guy named Jose.He was just off Hwy 70 iirc.Does that ring a bell w anybody.I've tried google w no results but he wasn't exactly the yellow pages type.

Was it this one? @upnover could probably tell you more
Screenshot_20210214-233447.png

your thinking about J&T outside of Marion, near Tom Johnson's

J&T is just outside of town on the river. This place was out in the country past B&H on the right, I dont think you could see it from the main road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oak hill Salvage? Off hwy 70 on the right?

Maybe, it was oak something and it was on the right, coming from Marion on 70

We've several good ones.

I bought a Jeep Rhino Grill and Pie Plates at the Ray Roland's for like $40 bucks. It's hanging in my garage.

I think I went to him also, he have a bunch of Jeep stuff in an old chicken house??

The one you're describing is the one on google maps in the second post almost 100%. Got a lot of ford parts and axles there but it was a long time ago.

The one you're describing is the one on google maps in the second post almost 100%. Got a lot of ford parts and axles there but it was a long time ago.
And this sign on the gate?? I was there 15 or so years ago and the old man had recently died and they had just crushed it out.
100_2434-1.jpg

This is what the entrance looks like, at least on google maps. No idea if it's still open but looks like they still got some stuff on satellite view.
Screenshot_20210215-191948.png

Do any of y’all McDowell county guys remember a small junk yard / towing guy near the Walmart off Sugar hill rd? I’m talking about 30 years ago or so. Seems like it was across the road from Walmart back in the woods.

Ray Rolands that @Atla mentioned is probably the one you're thinking of.

Now I want some strawberry banana ice cream from Jack Frost.

View attachment 338488
That could be it but the name doesn’t sound familiar. The guy worked for my dad when I was a kid in the 70’s-80’s and did towing and junk yard in his off time. Was a cool dude and he would let me ride my dirt bike all over his property when we would come down to hang out.

Yes I know of it, was called oak park salvage and was just off kathy rd. Morganton, actually in Glen alpine community
still open??

Back