MarsFab!!!

rugger4

I've always admired Chris's work and I finally got a chance to take a tiny project to him this week. I have to say I've never had a better experience with any shop and selling aftermarket accessories has been my career for 15 years.
Chris is a personable artist that gave me as much time for my little project as most shops would give a customer with a $30k build budget on a $50k vehicle.
I wanted a grill bar with a functional stinger that was bolt on...
ai1045.photobucket.com_albums_b460_rugger4_20160406_185013.jpg
ai1045.photobucket.com_albums_b460_rugger4_20160406_185031.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I was planning to blend it with the fenders and bumper using rattle can bedliner but that would look cool!

Good info; will do...it was too windy to paint Saturday and I had to practice posing at URE Sunday.
URE3.jpg

That looks great! I've got a small project for tube bumpers also, but assumed it wasn't a big enough project for Mars.

Nothing is too small man. As long as I'm not covered up with work I love knocking out small jobs. What are you looking to have done?

Nothing is too small man. As long as I'm not covered up with work I love knocking out small jobs. What are you looking to have done?

I'm looking to have a tube 'bumper' that attaches to my center winch support plate, and follows the line under the plastic fascia (I've cut about 6-8 inches off of it) to protect the plastic from rock hits. Similar in the rear, except it would be 2 smaller corner pieces that wrap around the sides.

ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p221_madfalco_IMG_0235_zpsmz81gpxm.jpg

ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p221_madfalco_image_zpsdmy7lrxg.jpeg

ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p221_madfalco_image_zpsucmjzswq.jpeg

Yep - it's a Lexus :)

Hey I own a Lexus too!

Seems like a simple enough project. Any chance you'd be able to run by the shop in it one day so I can look it over and figure out what all its going to take to build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I own a Lexus too!

Seems like a simple enough project. Any chance you'd be able to run by the shop in it one day so I can look it over and figure out what all its going to take to build?

Absolutely. I can bring the pieces I cut off also, which would be a perfect guide for the tube bends. Would next Wednesday, near lunch time work?

Yep next Wednesday should be fine. Give me a shout before you come. 704-361-0928

That is sick!! I wonder if he or someone would make some bumpers for my ZJ

Chris is a personable artist ...

I stopped by his shop a few weeks ago to finally meet him face to face. While chatting and looking at some of the work in the shop and specifically his welds, I turned to him and said “you’ll never make what your worth” awesome skills there! Then asked him to help with a measly $60 sheet metal job.

I’ve got something else I’m lining up for you Chris. Maybe something worth you time. :D

Back