Massey Ferguson 1030 tractor

Scott86MJ

1986 4x4 with power steering 2224 hours. I bought a new tractor and I don’t need this one. Comes with boom pole, spare front tire and top link. Factory specs can be found on tractor data. Com Runs pretty good, leaks from power steering cylinder I just refill occasionally. Let me know if you have questions. $3500 OBO located in Dallas NC

Attachments

• IMG_4032.jpeg
    IMG_4032.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4029.jpeg
    IMG_4029.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4030.jpeg
    IMG_4030.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4031.jpeg
    IMG_4031.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4033.jpeg
    IMG_4033.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4034.jpeg
    IMG_4034.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4040.jpeg
    IMG_4040.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
1986 4x4 with power steering 2224 hours. I bought a new tractor and I don’t need this one. Factory specs can be found on tractor data. Com Runs pretty good, leaks from power steering cylinder I just refill occasionally. Let me know if you have questions. $3500 OBO located in Dallas NC
Will it comfortably pull a 5ft bushhog?

I have not used it with a bush hog, but I would think so. I use a 5" box scape. You are welcome to test it if you have a bush hog.

My 8n has roughly the same hp and is gas, it'll pull a 5ft bush hog in most conditions. Only had issues in really tall heavy brush.

That depends on what you're cutting with the 5' BH. Grass and light brush and a non stupid operator it'll be fine. Drag the BH in the dirt the whole time, run over 2" trees, you're looking for trouble. Make sure you have a slip clutch or at least a soft sheer pin on the driveshaft. It will drag a 4' BH all over and do damage to heavier brush. Massey 1030 is a good little tractor.

My 8n has roughly the same hp and is gas, it'll pull a 5ft bush hog in most conditions. Only had issues in really tall heavy brush.
That depends on what you're cutting with the 5' BH. Grass and light brush and a non stupid operator it'll be fine. Drag the BH in the dirt the whole time, run over 2" trees, you're looking for trouble. Make sure you have a slip clutch or at least a soft sheer pin on the driveshaft. It will drag a 4' BH all over and do damage to heavier brush. Massey 1030 is a good little tractor.
My dad needs this to replace his 8N but he’s too stubborn haha. And @Scott86MJ is literally a mile or two down the road from him so it would be super easy for him to go look at it.

@Scott86MJ does it have a live PTO?

My dad needs this to replace his 8N but he’s too stubborn haha. And @Scott86MJ is literally a mile or two down the road from him so it would be super easy for him to go look at it.

@Scott86MJ does it have a live PTO?
Yes it has a live PTO

Tractor data shows power assist for steering. Around 23 pto hp. Dang I wish the wife wouldn't kill me over going after this unit.

Back