Message causes twitching

chris

cltdba
Look, I can't handle seeing the message below. I start twitching at the mere thought of it. I need 100% uptime from nc4x4.com, otherwise I start having withdrawals within seconds. Seriously, I almost broke my neck moments ago when I saw this... This is just unacceptable! :fuck-you:

nc4x4_down.JPG

Heh.... it was only down for ... what? Four minutes?

Cry baby want some bacon??

That one was Rob's fault. I needed to make some quick changes, but then the phone rang. It was Rob wanting to tell me all about his Farmville farm. It took me a little while to get him off the phone.

Any time you see that "Maintenance" response means that either someone is actively working on the server or some automatic server maintenance is running. The automatic scripts usually happen in the middle of the night (2-4am EST) and only last for a couple of minutes.

Oh, I should probably mention, though....

If you see a message like the one above, but it says something like "The page you requested is temporarily unavailable" or "The backend server has gone away", etc, please post up and let us know.

I know it's happening because I've seen it once or twice. I'm just not sure how often it's occurring.

Heh... sort of.

Except that those other messages are usually temporary. You'll try to post something or click on a link, it'll take a long time, then you'll get that error instead. Sometimes your post will go through, or even double-post, sometimes not.

But usually in a few minutes, it'll all be back to normal.

Back