Metal Cutting Blades

Caver Dave

Just holdin' it down here in BFV
OMG! No more hot shower of sparks, glowing kerfs, or everything within 20' of the cutting turned black from the abrasive particles....? I can't find a price yet for comparison, but the demos are pretty impressive.

The HK Morse MetalDevil

Check the vids & take the test for a free T-shirt...

Nothing new.... Milwaukee makes one that's cheaper, too.

$90 for the saw, or just the blade?

Saws were about $260ish last I checked.

saf-t scissors said:
Nothing new.... Milwaukee makes one that's cheaper, too.
Well, where do you GET one? I could've used that a couple weeks ago. Do they also have one that'll fit a 10" miter saw?

JEEEE-ZUS! :D

we sell diamond core blades at Hertz... they'll cut anything and last forever. they are $350 'ish a pop for 14" :D

That's just a LEEEEETLE bit out of my price range...

the $90 is just for the blade...

And, they will not work on a standard circular saw. The RPMs are way too high and will burn the blade up. you can try it, but $90/blade, you're taking a huge chance.

There are special saws out there just for these blades...

Rob

Dosent look like it cuts any faster than a Porta-Ban. And youve got to buy another saw AND a hundred dollar blade to "get the job done right"? Id just assume buy a porta-ban.

TheGeneral said:
Dosent look like it cuts any faster than a Porta-Ban. And youve got to buy another saw AND a hundred dollar blade to "get the job done right"? Id just assume buy a porta-ban.
Well, it cuts a whole lot faster than the "abrasive" blades I got at Lowe's. A whole lot neater, too.

If I knew I'd be using it more than once every other blue moon, I'd definitely go for it.

rockcity said:
the $90 is just for the blade...

And, they will not work on a standard circular saw. The RPMs are way too high and will burn the blade up. you can try it, but $90/blade, you're taking a huge chance.

There are special saws out there just for these blades...

According to the MetalDevil website, they *will* work on standard circsaws, BUT they state that most "are NOT fast enough for optimal results"....

According to the folks on the Hobart board (several full time fab/welders), they do pretty dang good in whatever you have. My bud Herb has used one, but cautioned that most chopsaw clamps aren't adequate to hold the work from coming vertically out of the clamps, and had "come to Jesus" experience! :D

According to the MetalDevil website, they *will* work on standard circsaws, BUT they state that most "are NOT fast enough for optimal results"....
That's right, they did say that on their site. Hmm. Might just be worth the $90 just to have it when you need it, then. As for "optimal results", anything that's better than what those abrasive blades do is a + as far as I'm concerned.

when I was talking about the $90 price tag, thats for the Milwaukee blades, I'm sure the Devils are similar in price. I'm not 100% sure on the application of the Devil's blades (assume they don't do as well on a saw designed for wood) and they state so. If I had to $$$ to spend on the blade, I'd make sure I had the $$$ to spend on the proper saw. IMO.

And, they work better than a band saw. Try cutting a sheet of metal with a band saw. good luck.

Rob

Back