MicroLab Computers in Harrisburg, NC

VortecJeep

Powered by Uranium-235
If you have a laptop and the problem is the DC power jack, do NOT take it to MicroLab Computers in Harrisburg, NC. I did my research on the problem before I took it to them. I knew it was the DC power jack. If I would have had good soldering equipment I would have attempted the repair myself as there are a ton of how-to sites I found out there with step-by-step instructions and pictures.
I took it to MicroLab Computers in Harrisburg, NC, and told them the DC Jack needed to be replaced/repaired. They charged me $70 and kept the laptop for 4 days just to tell me they could not repair it and that it would require a whole new motherboard!! If they would have just googled it they could have figured out how to fix it! As common as this problem seems to be on the web, how can you be a repair place and not do this repair? Surely they knew when I brought it in if that is a repair they are capable of or not.
I called Slayton's Computers in Charlotte and they did the repair in half the number of days MicroLab Computers kept my laptop.

Back