monster tow rig

firetoy

trailer and truck pics 002.JPG

trailer and truck pics 001.JPG

trailer and truck pics 003.JPGWell after having a few differant tow rigs and all the issue they've had. Like injectors, trannies ect. I've decided to build myself one, with the parts i wanted.
I started with a 1988 Chevy crewcab 4x4 dually. Its got a
6bt cummins with a fuel plate and a set of injectors with a super b special turbo. (no stinking computers) Behind that is a Fuller 13 speed tranny. Then a divorced np205 tcase. Dana 60 upfront and a spicer 110 in the fear, out of a kodiak 4500.
22.5 wheels and tires all around. I think this will be a good combo. Let me know whatcha think.

Bout time! Pay attention to this people, you're going to witness alot of Tims talent and skills here:beer:

Wow, can't wait to see it finished!

Damn Tim!! Thats cool. Can't wait to see it.

Nice! Ben Hur would be proud of those lugs too.

Gonna be a beast, hope to see it once its finished.

Nice Tim, was wondering when you were going to post this up. You should post up pics the tranny tunnel.

How did you mate the engine to trans?

Are you worried about the clearance between the bed and exhaust causing a rattle or rub and eventually hole?

hi my name is mike i go by buggy was at your shop awhile back picking up some axles i saw the monster tow rig it will surly puul anything hooked to it you going to we rock in tenn apr9th

Ok so I've gotta ask why you mounted the turbo backwards. I'm guessing a clearance issue but I couldn't tell from the pics. What is the engine out of?

is the engine a second gen 12V? man this thing is awesome. im guessin 8in stacks? and holy lug nuts batman. they stabbed me just for lookin at em!

definitely not a stock pickup looking engine... p-pumped with a VP era intake elbow, probably a non-dodge equipped one, id say

:huggy:. . . subscribed. Exactly what I want to do

the motor came out of a 97 fL70 frieghtliner. its a p pumped motor.

sinces the motor came out of fl70 it had the right adapter for the 13 speed. also the turbo wouldn't fit with the big motor mounts so had to run it backwards.

is the bed not going to get hot a hell and burn the paint/your skin off?

Rowdy tow rig

Back