Mooresville (and nearby) people

paulevans76

My bro might be getting a job there soon and Im out of ECU this summer so we might be trying to find a place and I'll be looking for a job in or around there. Few ?'s:

How do you like the area?
Anyone commuting to Charlotte? How bad is it?
What is the job scene like?
Nightlife? Any good venues for live music?
Any wimmens?
Good local wheelin spots?

TIA

Paul

i'm in concord ,not too far of a drive from mooresville, i don't know much about the commute to charlotte, my mom drives 30 minutes each way, not much to do here in concord, but up towards the university area there is some stuff usually going on, which is like a 10 minute drive for me, there are a few private wheeling spots that i go to around here, most of them just have a few fun obstacles (deep raveen type deals, hill climbs, creek crosings with rocks) and pretty simple trails, but you can make things fun trying different lines.

A friend of mine is going to UTI right now and he says 77 sucks ass, no matter what time of day it is.

Also, he is having a hard time finding a job because of UTI and all the other schools in the area, competition is tough for those w/ little or no skills/experience.

right on. ever been to the brewery there in mooresville? I'd love to find a place w/in walkin (stumbling) distance :lol:

as far as work, if something great happens, nice, but i'm really just looking for something to pay the loans and bills and parts. i got a few friends around the area so I'm hoping a little networking (along with a fresh degree) will produce something.

I live 3 miles outside of mooresville. Its a great area. Not much crime but still some bad neighborhoods. 77 does blow but, people make the drive everyday. I dont know of much entertainment here, but I also dont get out much. And the women are here, you just got to know where to find them. :confused:

kilby said:
Yuppers. 77 ain't fun most of the time. But the new HOV lanes help out if you've got a manequin with you. :D

You don't even need the manequin sometimes...I've seen people use the HOV lane as a passing lane. :rolleyes:

Huntersville has City Tavern, Sushi on the Lake, Double Door, Rusty Rudder plenty of others.

BUT my ex drove from Huntersville to Tyvolla everyday. 1.5 hr there 1 hr home for 22 miles. No damn way I could do that

i live off exit 23 in huntersville. Takes me 15 minutes to get downtown now that 77 has opened up. My brother lives off exit 33. he says it takes 30 minutes to get to exit 23.

scarface said:
25 minutes any day (barring accidents-rare 1 a week) from the house exit 25 to uptown

That's not too bad...It used to take me about 35-40 mins to go from the University area down to Ballanytne in the mornings, and the afternoons about the same...but that was if I left right at a few minutes before 5.

davew0670 said:
i live off exit 23 in huntersville. Takes me 15 minutes to get downtown now that 77 has opened up. My brother lives off exit 33. he says it takes 30 minutes to get to exit 23.

Damn shows how long I have been away from hell, er Charlotte

yeah mooresville, can get pretty hairy, it took me like 45 mins just to go about 5 miles down 150 from perth rd to us21 today. there aren't really any good wheelin spots, there were some that got shut down because of some irresponsible kids and further development of the area. i have to pretty much go to uwharrie for anything remotely challenging or interesting. jobs can be found but you have to be good at what you do because the local businesses are never at a shortage of people applying for jobs so they normally dont care about firing someone for something little since it is so easy to re hire someone.

When they did a layout of Mooresville's roadways, the people in charge picked up a bunch of sticks and threw them up in the air. When they fell, they started naming the roads and figuring out where they could fit just a few more housing developments. Toward the interstate on hwy. 150 is horrible. :mad:

im in huntersville, right up the road from mooresville and i go back and forth too morresville and charlotte all the time. the only time that it can get bad is mon-fri 4-6 thats it. any other time is me doing 95 down it.

davew0670 said:

hey dave i live RIGHT off of exit 23, what do you drive? i work at harris teeter off of exit 23

The whole area is blowin up. All the bars mentioned are great and filled with vimin. :huggy: The commute to charlotte is a pain in the ass but the are slowly making it better. construction for widening 77 is underway but it will still be a while before its done. Its a great area though with plenty around to do.

Back