Mooresville Dragway Test-N-Tune startup

ProjekTJ

Well, it's that time of year...Mooresville Dragway will start up their Test and Tune Thursday night runs this coming Thursday (3/15). For those of you that haven't been before it's quite interesting. For the price of a movie ticket you get a much better show; considering you can race just about anything you want out there. Top fuel drag, bracket cars, junior dragsters, ricers, diesels, motorcycles, and 4wheelers...just to name a few of the things I've seen before. Two years ago I witnessed an old CJ on 38's lift both front tires on a launch with a passenger and no doors. It's some good redneckery...byob.

Here's some more info:
Pass the Word.....Atlantic Racing

THURSDAY Night

TEST-N-TUNE starts this

coming Thursday, MARCH 15th

Test-N-Tune from 6 to 10 p.m.

General Gate Admission $7.00 Car & Driver (T-N-T) Fee $15.00

So, the "Happening Place will be Mooresville on Thursday Nights"

Check out www.mooresvilledragway.com for more info.

It's entertaining, if nothing else.

SC

I had fun out there with an '02 Ram I had...

Greg

Attachments

• IM846.JPG
    IM846.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 368
  • IM848.JPG
    IM848.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 354
Mooresville's nice, but too close to charlotte. Some times it's not bad, but I've been there for all 4 hours before and only got 3 runs in.

It's always interesting to see what some people bring out there to race.

I whopped quite a few fast cars out there when I had my Grand National. Boy was that fun!

Mooresville is nice, but doesn't have the character that Shadyside has...or the characters...
Mooresville has a ton more runoff with no turn at the end, but for some reason all the rednecks with the 4 second cars go to Shadyside.
Anyway, Ill try to get the jeep out there sometime soon and show you guys how its done.

Nothing beats crossing the line at 115 at shadyside and locking them down to make the second turn in a 60s car with 4 drums :shaking:

Mooresville is cool, but agree no where near as many characters.

I have also seen the Jeep, do 4 wheel burnouts and outrun a 5.0

Anyone from around the area heading the the dragway on Thursday?

I'm thinking about dragging the GF out there....she's a skeptic at the moment.

SC

Ahh, Shadyside... the track is nothing to look at, but hooks great! Cheap too, or it was a couple years ago. I think the stands were guardrails flipped and filled with concrete? I loved playing connect-the-dots with the Christmas lights to tell what the E.T.'s were. Lots of character(s) there!

Back