More accolades for Chase and ECGS

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
Chase and ECGS won my consumer dollars a long time ago, and today was another example of why. I sent Chase a PM this morning telling him that I needed a new ring and pinion for my rear axle. I told him to send me an invoice for whatever the cost was (because I knew he would give me the best price of anywhere), and send it as soon as he could. Chase calls me later and we discuss my gears and he tells me that in fact I don't need new gears, and explained why. He didn't have to do that and he could have charged me for new gears and made a few bucks on this transaction; but he didn't, he did the right thing and told me the truth. Thanks again to Chase and ECGS for excellent customer service!

What was wrong?

What was wrong?

This: ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c323_DLWhitley1_th_ringgearteef014.jpg

On 4.88's in an 8.8 you have take off some material on the ring gear, usually a 1/16th (ish) to get the cross pin back in the carrier. IMO someone had taken off to much and could have caused a premature failure. I made Clay aware of the situation. Chase has since said it was good to go.

In my experience you only have to do this with lunch box lockers, not with Detroit styles. Chase can shed more light on this I'm sure.

Dw

It all depends on the cross pin setup. That does look like they got a little happy with a grinder. We normally take just a little off the 2 teeth that specifically interfere with the pin on one side. Shouldn't cause any major issue.

New style detroits have a different pin setup so you don't need to grind. That must be an older one or a different type of locker. ARBs must be ground, and anything using a stock or LSD carrier must be ground.

I saw it in person,I totally agree with Dave not sure I would run it, it had a shit ton ground off in my opinion....like the jeep though exo cage was very nice

New R&P ordered and received. Thanks to ECGS for doing what they say they are to do. Ships on time, every time.

Shipped in a Blue box BTW. :lol:

I tried to give chase some money monday but he wouldnt take it. Instead he told me how to work with what I have. Saved me a hundred bucks.

Ordered a one ton tie rod/drag link on thursday at 2:30, at the shop in Hiddenite by 3 the next day. Cant beat that service. Thanks Ryan/Chase!

Back