More ideas after the Dec meeting thread.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
I know I for one was pretty beat yesterday evening and i should of wrote more stuff down prior to getting up and talking, so i though this would be a good thread to start. Not one to argue about ideas, but just ideas that could then be sent forward to the right direction.

I for one would like to start with the following one.

I would like to spend time with either Terry / Debra out on the trail my club sponcers so I know exactly the problem areas of my trail so then we can get my club focused on the priority list that we make to ensure our trail is to the proper standard. I will admit that i do not know all the issues on the trails that we can fix, and if we do not know then we can not fix it. I know I could take it up with them personally and not put it on here but maybe we could get all clubs to do the same thing for their respective trails. I think once the clubs know what they need to do then we can get moving forward with the fixes.

And I would like to get the Minutes of the meeting once it has all been put together. I know that will be awhile from now .

Very good idea because last night driving home I was like DOH!!!! why did you not bring that up as well. I have 6 pages of notes to go through from the meeting and I hope to get them consolidated and sent out so that it gives everyone something to think about. One thing I would really like to see is a New letter that goes out monthly maybe or bi monthly who knows that keeps everyone in the loop about the happenings at Uwharrie. We could then pass out tons of information and keep people up to date on trails and what could be done outside of work days. We really need to move on these ideas now though as there is no better time then the present to start and dreams and ideas are just that until you put them into action!!!!!

I apologize for grammar and spelling I do not think I have slept but maybe 16
hrs in 6-7 days

Last edited:
I would like to see the fs help the club bymaybe marking areas that need adressing with say pink or green tape to teach the clubs what needs to be done. I want to back the service any way possible but the clubs i honestly dont think realize or know what to do!!!

We need that carrot that Scott refered to. I would love to see a 75-100 item punch list to where a club or someone like myself could come down and do goal on my time other than a work day.....
Btw Chris Cagle said he would also let us place a work day log out the outpost since most end up there anyway on the way out!!

Snappy I think you have a good idea there that may be something that could help the clubs to understand what is going on. Some of the big things that clubs can start on right now is shutting down bypasses on trails, cleaning out water turnouts, placing bails of straw in water ditches, and policing these camping areas off the trails. Also as a club you can do an inventory of your trail so to speak and open a dialogue through email with the rangers, send them a punch list of what you think needs to be fixed pictures and all show them our organization skills at work. Once the rangers see this then they can work on getting tools together and once that dialogue is open you both can work together to coordinate work days for just your club and getting materials where and when you need them. We could ask the forestry service to put together a list of 75-100 things that they want accomplished I think that is just perfect or maybe a checklist of things that need to be checked monthly on each trail, problem areas for bypasses or camping areas that always seem to be problematic.

DRaider90
I just can not help myself those loafers from LLbean are so comfy LOL.

I will start working on something for a news letter maybe we can start getting some Hot Topics together and see what we can come up with.

I was thinking along the lines of the whole liaison deal, what if there was a twitter account for the volunteering efforts? A "tweet" should be enough to let people know whats going on, and you don't really need to sign up for Twitter to see it. It would be easier than a mass email list or anything like that. Just have someone who is in regular contact with the Forest Service to run it.

Twitter is a bad idea IMO. I seriously doubt many of us would ever use one. I know I don't.

Well you don't need an account to see it, just the link or a name. It wouldn't be any different than checking the forums.

There wouldn't be any need to sign up for it.

Back