motor lift

RAYZZ

I would like to keep the stock motor mounts 99tj 4.0 and lift the motor 1" with plate or something. I have seen a post were someone made them but can not find now. Someone sales a 1" plate kit or should I buy a motor mount designed to do the job.:burnout:

OK This might be a dumb question.But why raise the motor an inch?:confused:

Puts the drivetrain (t-case) more inline with the rear driveshaft, and helps reduce vibes some on TJ's/etc with really short rear driveshafts.

As far as the original post, I made a 2" for mine. I believe one side of the stock motor mounts is a stud and the other is a hole for the bolt. You can either use two bolts and get rid of the stud, or use rectangular tubing and have a nut on the stud and another nut/bolt that holds the tubing to the frame on that side.

blueoval98 said:

I think there are three somewhat decent reasons as to why:

1. driveline angles (as mentioned above...very useful on a TJ)
2. raises the oil pan about an inch (that never hurts)
3. keeps you from having to do any radiator/fan shroud relocation when doing a BL (OK...so a real simple reason, but still valid)

JKS and Go-Fer-It (and maybe others) sell BMML (Budget Motor Mount Lifts)...

Sheldon lists his 1" for $43 and his 2" for $56:

http://www.goferitoffroad.com/products.htm

Greg

blueoval98 said:

The best reason I've seen is to do that in conjuction with a 1" body lift, and then tuck the tranny/t-case up for a flat skid plate.. very sweet.

Exactly! I did 1" BL. I used the M.O.R.E. 1" Bombproof MM's, more expensive than spacers but they are HD... far better than the stock mounts. Spaced the transfercase mount up about 1/2", almost no vibration at all with the SYE and CV rear driveshaft. Still using the stock skid pan but that will change later. I think with a flatter skid I can gain about 2" more clearance.

Back