Motor-sickle Racing (MX/SX, GNCC, MotoGP, Hard Enduro, SBK, etc)

jeepinmatt

..l.
Just one rule: Any spoiler/race result posts need to have SPOILER ALERT at the beginning of the post.

I know @StretchASU @JNO @drkelly @DSM Turbos and some others mentioned Supercross. Seems like we need a thread for it!

First and foremost, will anyone beat Christian Craig in the 250 west other than himself?

And glad to see Webb finally starting to get some form now that the season is halfway over :laughing:

Anybody else clap when Mookie took out Anderson this weekend?

Last edited:
Supercross! I haven't seen Daytona yet, so i'm going to avoid this thread for another day or two till I catch up.
All I have to say is: The track was awesome, and it was a good race. Sorry for any semi-spoilers above, but I tried to be intentionally vague.

First and foremost, will anyone beat Christian Craig in the 250 west other than himself?

1646694758549.png

I'm pulling for both Anderson and Mookie to do well. I would like to see Anderson win the title though. I was pissed at Mookie for taking them both out! He ruined what could have been a GREAT race. Mookie is kind of a dumbass racer. He makes goofy/unpredictable moves. He turned down in the 2nd turn with 20 guys behind him.

Roczen looks like shit.

WTF has Webb been doing the first half of the season, LOL? I've heard bike setup problems.

I don't like Jett Lawrence. He unintentionally ruined Forkner's season by riding beyond his ability. I haven't been much of a Forkner fan in the past, but DAMN I feel bad for him right now.

Supercross thoughts…

Craig SHOULD win 250 west, but he is the only one that can beat him.
148DCD78-EE53-44FC-9490-8F07084E95E8.jpeg

Friese’s on track history only magnifies any altercation. But for what the bonus structure is like on MotoConcepts I would probably be aggressive too. He’s quick, not fast but anyone around the sport should have expected him to figure out how to rip starts on the 250 and that’s half the battle in SX.

Roczen hasn’t been the same since his big crash a few years ago but is still one of my favorite riders to watch ride.

I wish the sport wasn’t cramming Jett Lawrence down our throats, the sport needs an ambassador and media darling like him but let it come more naturally. He’s a top talent and will be for a long time to come, don’t force it.

Mookie will win a 450 main this year and I’ll slam beers in celebration.

Tomac is going to win the title. The freedom to try things on Star will keep his confidence high unlike Kawi jamming settings on the bike because Japan engineers say they’re best.

That said…bring on the Great Outdoors.

I watched a interview with Christian Craig and he said 2022 will be his last appearance in the 250 class

I watched a interview with Christian Craig and he said 2022 will be his last appearance in the 250 class

He has to I believe. He will points out
Speaking of that. The fact that some people will throw the season just to stay in the class, is crazy. They should come up with new rules for that imo. I wonder what 450 ride he will get though being so old.

I’m caught up now

Mookie mad a dumb move when he could have had a really good race. He is one of my favorites still. I get why he did that. But he threw out a night he could have been on the podium

Ken is taking a break from the rest of the season. I doubt he ever comes back now Honda: Ken Roczen “Has Decided to Take a Break” From 2022 AMA Supercross - Racer X

Jett is being hyped but damn he is fast and I think the sport needs somebody like him, but yeah they jam him down your throat. I think even hunter earlier said can we not talk about Jett for once. But Jett hit a tough block and tons of good riders hit them all the time and mess themselves and others up when they do.

Jason and barcia doing their social media thing also they need more of also

Anybody else headed to Atlanta? We will be going again this year.

He has to I believe. He will points out
Speaking of that. The fact that some people will throw the season just to stay in the class, is crazy. They should come up with new rules for that imo. I wonder what 450 ride he will get though being so old.

I’m caught up now

Mookie mad a dumb move when he could have had a really good race. He is one of my favorites still. I get why he did that. But he threw out a night he could have been on the podium

Ken is taking a break from the rest of the season. I doubt he ever comes back now Honda: Ken Roczen “Has Decided to Take a Break” From 2022 AMA Supercross - Racer X

Jett is being hyped but damn he is fast and I think the sport needs somebody like him, but yeah they jam him down your throat. I think even hunter earlier said can we not talk about Jett for once. But Jett hit a tough block and tons of good riders hit them all the time and mess themselves and others up when they do.

Jason and barcia doing their social media thing also they need more of also

Anybody else headed to Atlanta? We will be going again this year.

I figured Roczen might retire after 2022 SX, but to quit mid season is a shocker. I can't remember which race it was, might have been Arlington, the cameras were on the leaders of course, and Roczen was getting lapped by the leaders in the whoops. He was rolling through them like he was on a sight lap! I was like WTF!? There is a race going on!

I too am sick of the Jett hype. I would like to see him have a DNF and McAdoo win the title.

I use to go to the Atlanta SX every year, but haven't been in a LONG time.

I too am sick of the Jett hype. I would like to see him have a DNF and McAdoo win the title.
Ha, I like Jett, but can't stand McAdoo, or as I call him, Smackadoo. I'm still not past his bevy of unnecessary crashes
And hitting the medic last year (though that was not 100% clear cut, a "good" rider would have never put themselves in that situation in my opinion).

With that said, more amateur stuff like what happened with Jett and Yard Dart (Forkner) will make me lose respect for Jett. But at least he had the decency to address it and own it and say he screwed up.
"Jett, take us through everything that happened there in that wild third race, starting with the whoops, and then everything that happened after that when you were trying to make the pass.
Jett Lawrence: It sucks, what happened. I got wild. I obviously didn’t learn my lesson from the first time I got wild once, and I thought I could balls my way through it. But got a little sketchy in the whoops again. Most people saw what happened after. I don’t really like talking about it much because I feel gutted about it. Just a stupid mistake on my behalf of hitting a Tuff Block and taking out another rider. Just pissed at myself. I really can’t say much. I’m sorry to the Forkner family, Austin, and his chick. I was looking forward to racing him this year, because I think a lot of people can agree he’s definitely one of the most talented guys on a supercross track, he has shown many times. I just feel sick about it, really. I don’t have much else to say about it."

Last edited:
Surprised to hear Roczen is pulling out. It's amazing the comebacks that he has made. I was never a "fan" of his, but have massive respect for him and really like his clean, smooth style.

My guess...

Ken tries to come back for outdoors, he has been pretty good outdoors. After outdoors he retires. He wants time with his family, his health has been hard lately, and he doesn't need the money.

Now... does HRC take Jett to the 450 class next year regardless? Or do they sign some rider for just 1 year? They will put Jett in that seat soon so nobody is going to get a 2 year contract with HRC, but is there anybody that they would give that factory seat for a year? Somebody that is going to retire after next season maybe?

I like Roczen a lot, but I don't think he races SX again.

I do like how when Jett fucks up, he does own it and says it.

Webb to HRC next year so he can actually ride whoops?

My guess...

Ken tries to come back for outdoors, he has been pretty good outdoors. After outdoors he retires. He wants time with his family, his health has been hard lately, and he doesn't need the money.

Now... does HRC take Jett to the 450 class next year regardless? Or do they sign some rider for just 1 year? They will put Jett in that seat soon so nobody is going to get a 2 year contract with HRC, but is there anybody that they would give that factory seat for a year? Somebody that is going to retire after next season maybe?

I like Roczen a lot, but I don't think he races SX again.

I do like how when Jett fucks up, he does own it and says it.

Roczen retires, Craig gets the HRC 450 for one year along side Sexton if Star doesn’t find the money to field another 450 rider.

The 250 class just needs to be a National class. Ditch the coast thing in SX. Other than the top 3 on each coast, the rest are all mid pack guys at best in a deep field. It would also fix the issue of guys tanking races or being “injured” in order to stay in the class. But the pointing out thing is shit anyway. You give a shallow field, then a guy like Thrasher hits his stride like last year and almost loses a year of eligibility in the class because 3 of 22 guys every week are legit podium contenders? C’mon. They are compounding issues and if a guy can make a great living racing and is ok with not being in the premier class, then by all means stay if you don’t have a good 450 ride available. Perfect example is a guy like Nicoletti coming back this year and he’s been solid on a 250. Just like Chiz getting the exception to come back and fill in on Star for the East rounds. They can appeal to come back to the class but a rookie can do well and have 2 years in the class max? Huge double standard in the rules.

Roczen retires, Craig gets the HRC 450 for one year along side Sexton if Star doesn’t find the money to field another 450 rider.

The 250 class just needs to be a National class. Ditch the coast thing in SX. Other than the top 3 on each coast, the rest are all mid pack guys at best in a deep field. It would also fix the issue of guys tanking races or being “injured” in order to stay in the class. But the pointing out thing is shit anyway. You give a shallow field, then a guy like Thrasher hits his stride like last year and almost loses a year of eligibility in the class because 3 of 22 guys every week are legit podium contenders? C’mon. They are compounding issues and if a guy can make a great living racing and is ok with not being in the premier class, then by all means stay if you don’t have a good 450 ride available. Perfect example is a guy like Nicoletti coming back this year and he’s been solid on a 250. Just like Chiz getting the exception to come back and fill in on Star for the East rounds. They can appeal to come back to the class but a rookie can do well and have 2 years in the class max? Huge double standard in the rules.

Craig is old so he is going to struggle for a big ride for more than 1 year, agree. But what would HRC do then if after 1 year somehow Craig does great and they need a seat for Jett? A lot can happen in a year though so no telling.

I agree, I heard something from a caller on Pulp the other week. Do like an east and west still, but do it based on points. So you have like 250 Jr's, that are the new people, etc. When you hit a certain number of races or something like that, you can no longer race Jr's. Then the 250 main class, let them race for as long as they want, if they want to stick to 250's freaking let them, who cares like you said. Take a Privateer 450 ride, or a factory 250 ride, what would you pick? Chiz didn't really get an exception because its in the rules that he can do it, the rules are kind of wild how they work, he didn't have to appeal it. Since he wasn't finishing top 15, he didn't have to appeal.

How can Chisholm race in the 250SX if he is regularly making 450SX main events? In both the 2020 and 2021 450SX standings, Chisholm finished 19th, which means he is eligible to return to the 250SX since when he moved to 450SX it was his choice as he had not yet pointed out of the 250SX divisions. According to the 2022 AMA Supercross rulebook, Section 5.2 250SX East/West Championship Guidelines, section H, Chisholm is able to return to the 250SX Class since he was outside of the top 15 and again, chose to advance on his own terms. We believe this rule is also what allowed Vince Friese to return to the 250SX class after racing the premier class for several consecutive years. Here is section H of the 2022 rulebook:

H. Riders finishing in the top 15 in 2020 or 2021, that have self- advanced themselves to the 450SX class that wish to return to the 250SX class may appeal their 250SX eligibility to the AMA. This appeal must be submitted to the AMA in writing and can take up to 30 days for the final hearing. All decisions of the appeals panel are final. Riders granted a change of eligibility through the appeal process may only appeal their 250SX eligibility one time.

I have never seen Christian Craig look this good. He is super fast this year, and making very few mistakes.

I'm really looking forward to the first East/West showdown in Atlanta.

Not sure it warrants a new thread, but GNCC has had a wild start with all the pro injures in the first 2 rounds. We went to Big Buck in Union SC. Had like 20 in Pro row. I believe they are down to like 8 or 9 for Rd 3. Been a fan of Stu Baylor for 5-6 years. He'd be beyond dominate if he could stay healthy.

Last edited:
Not sure it warrants a new thread, but GNCC has had a wild start with all the pro injures in the first 2 rounds. We went to Big Buck in Union SC. Had like 20 in Pro row. I believe they are dow to like 8 or 9 for Rd 3. Been a fan of Stu Baylor for 5-6 years. He'd be beyond dominate if he could stay healthy.

Speaking my language. Baylor Heavy! There were 812 riders on the line for the AM race at Big Buck. First two laps were an absolute hornets nest. Rachel Archer caught me with a mile or so to go. It used to be pretty easy to stay on the lead lap but these girls haul ass now.

I got changed and loaded up in time to get to the hillclimb for lap 2 and passed Chad Duvall looking for a medic. By the time we got down to the hillclimb we figured it as bad once we didn’t see Johnny G or Thad come through. The med chopper took off with Johnny as we were walking back to the truck to leave.

The injury bug is rampant this year.
XC1:
Stu - broken C7 and wrist
Strang - arm
Thad - pelvis
Ricky Russell - collarbone
Josep - finger (went back overseas this week)
Medaglia - knee (supposedly racing this week in GA)

XC2 -
Johnny G - pelvis

That is just a start. A few others have TKO’d themselves this year and DNF’d a round.

I’ll be at Camp Coker. If the turnout is like Big Buck I’ll run 30B in the afternoon.

Back