Mountain Bike Trails Workday - August 24, 2013

J.C.

Volunteer

LET US WORK TOGETHER to Help the Mtn. Bike Community! FOU

agallery.mailchimp.com_723f073d11ddb51dfc80dff41_images_bg_top_850x170_new2.jpg

Dear Uwharrie Trail User,

As promised we are rescheduling a workday to clear the Woodrun Trail System of down trees.

Over 30 trees have been reported down on Keyauwee alone. We are contacting all chainsaw certified volunteers and need others to help move the debris from the trail.

We are looking for 4-5 chainsaw certified individuals and 15 to 20 volunteers to help spot and move cut trees.

Date: 8/24/13
Start time: 9:00am
Finish: 2pm

Please bring plenty of water as this type of work will require significant physical effort.

Please rsvp if you can make this event by either replying to this email or calling me (Brian) at 704-438-5663

This project is also being supported by the Friends of Uwharrie. This is a great organization working with all user groups for a common cause. We are excited to be working with FOU.

Please visit the Friends of Uwharrie site at www.friendsofuwharrie.org

As always thank you for your continued support!

Uwharrie Trails & Conservancy

agallery.mailchimp.com_723f073d11ddb51dfc80dff41_images_Uwharrie_Cleanup.1.jpg

Wish I was home

Truck driving man. I haven't been around much. Had to put wheeling on the back burner

Truck driving man. I haven't been around much. Had to put wheeling on the back burner

Gotcha. Got to do what ya got to do. Safe driving with all them crazy people.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Coming up this weekend. Anyone else able to make it ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I plan to be there.

Cool. Hope to see you there.

0900 at the parking place on 24/27.

Alot of work got done today at least from our little group. Got all of the Keyawee trail done to my knowledge now. I am very spoiled though as we are used to taking the trucks into where the problem is. Not on the MTB trails though. Put it on your back / hands and hump it in. Oh, and then hump it back out.

Thanks to the people that showed up today. Think we made the MTB crowd happy. Now maybe we can get them with us one or 2 times.

Alot of work got done today at least from our little group. Got all of the Keyawee trail done to my knowledge now. I am very spoiled though as we are used to taking the trucks into where the problem is. Not on the MTB trails though. Put it on your back / hands and hump it in. Oh, and then hump it back out.

Thanks to the people that showed up today. Think we made the MTB crowd happy. Now maybe we can get them with us one or 2 times.

You are right about us being spoiled, seemed to walk the trail forever before we got to where we started cutting. Old fat boy here is still feeling it, my butt is dragging. Glad we got the trail back open again.

Jim

In talking with Brian last night i think all trails are good now up there.

Just to let you know we had to put Chy down this morning. She was a great trail dog and she will be missed.

ai73.photobucket.com_albums_i201_jwillettgn_FSJ_ChyDriving.jpg

I knew you said you were going to do that either today / tomorrow. Least she got to spend one last day in the woods before she went to the other side. You could tell she really loved being out there with you even on Saturday . My thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Unfortunately i know too well what you are going thru right now.

Dear Uwharrie Trail Users:
On behalf of Friends Of Uwharrie and the Forest Service, a huge thank you for the collaborative efforts on the WoodRun Trail Workday on Sat August 24th.
Mountain Bikers, Hikers, Equestrian users, and OHV users came together as Friends Of Uwharrie to clear the storm damage on the WoodRun trail system.
20+ volunteers put in over 120 man hours clearing the trail from fallen trees and debris!
Supertree and Keyauwee are now clear and can be enjoyed - Tell your friends :)
This is a great example of being a "Friend" of Uwharrie!
Please visit us at www.friendsofuwharrie.org
Thank you for your support!

Back