mounted OBA tank today

grapehead

seemed like the best place for it, out of the way, still has lots of room between it and the tire, easy access to drain valve, im going to run fittings off the top of it. tank is rated for 120 psi.

Attachments

• DSC02593.JPG
    DSC02593.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC02594.JPG
    DSC02594.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC02595.JPG
    DSC02595.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 280
looks good. should paint it though, make it more camoflauge spelling?
what are you going to use to put air in it?

tyler

Looks like you got plenty of space, but my jeep would stuff a tire on it. And muddy to boot.

yeah i was thinking about stuff getting kicked up on it, may make a cover of some sort.

ive got a york going in soon to fill it...

My $.02
I would try to find an alternate location. First, if you have much articulation the tire could contact. Second if street driven the tank will wear with repeated kick up gravel,asphalt pebbles etc.. Third same thing on trail just would worry about logs,large rocks etc. getting jammed into tank, and while a cover could help, you will still have an unprotected hose running into this tank and it will definitely be too close to suspension (moving parts)for MY liking.. also need to consider hose routing etc.

Good Luck, not trying to flame just my thougts

yeah, the hoses are coming from the top. i am gonna flex it on something and see how much room it has and go from there. would be really easy to move it on top of the fender using the same holes.

I would locate it some other place. Eventually you will move it.

That 14 bolt will put a bunch of leverage on those springs.. I'd bet you can get into it...

Back