Mounting Anderson Connector

orange150

This may be an over analyzing induced question, but are there any tricks to keep in mind when mounting Anderson connectors?

I think on the front I’m going to mount it vertically rather than horizontally. This will be for the winch and for some jumper cables or anything else.

FD8B5B38-A107-4DBA-AD38-669B7BAA7E64.jpeg
68E4B516-8308-462E-99C9-953C9AFE314F.jpeg
CD3B07D4-3436-4E4E-88C8-86DF2BF82FA7.jpeg
FCBC3A9B-0B18-4A23-973C-EFCC1E1AD2DB.jpeg

On the rear I think I’m going to use one of these

Trailer Vision 350 Amp Anderson Connector Plug Cover 350A Dust Cover Assembly Panel or Surface Mount Fitting UV Insulated Protection with LED Indicator for Tow Truck Tractor Campers Caravan (350 Amp)
And cut it into the Warn bumper on the drivers side, fuel fill is on the passenger side.

Hanging the open end straight down is my preference. But the cover and some dielectric goes a long way.

I have an Anderson connector ran to the back of my truck to run a winch, mainly on a car trailer, but I have used it in the receiver also to recover my dad from prime fishing hole that he got to close too. It is the SB 175 sized with 2/0 wire. I just let it hang free, sometimes I will tuck it up out of site. I used an environmental boot on mine to keep it sealed up when not in use.

I have an Anderson connector ran to the back of my truck to run a winch, mainly on a car trailer, but I have used it in the receiver also to recover my dad from prime fishing hole that he got to close too. It is the SB 175 sized with 2/0 wire. I just let it hang free, sometimes I will tuck it up out of site. I used an environmental boot on mine to keep it sealed up when not in use.

Not a bad idea!

These are the only style they have for SB350 though

Mine is just wrapped around the tow hook and stuffed in the valance. It does have a cover on it.
20220115_145940.jpg

Back