my jeep and a few questions

03tj

awww.jeeppages.com_albums_userpics_10163_normal_DSCN2037.JPG

awww.jeeppages.com_albums_userpics_10163_normal_DSCN2039.JPG

awww.jeeppages.com_albums_userpics_10163_normal_DSCN2040.JPG

awww.jeeppages.com_albums_userpics_10163_normal_DSCN2038.JPG

ok, so my main question for you guys since i am moving to the raleigh area at the end of may is, how are you registering your jeeps, i was looking through the DMV's web site and from the looks of it something like mine will never pass, any info would be appreciated. thank you. Jimmy DeLacey

It doesn't mean it's "legal" but there are several Jeeps similarly built that run around the street with tags & inspections in NC. Carolina isn't too strict on fenders. There is a 6" max lift law, but it doesn't seem to be enforced heavily. PoPo on here is a good guy to talk to, and check out his "General Statutes" thread.

However, with a build-up like that...
WHERE ARE THE WHEELIN' SHOTS?! :D

no wheelin shots yet, should be completed by the end of next week, still need to finish welding the brackets on and hook up the steering. but thanks for the info, also do u recomend any particular inspection station to get it checked at?
Jimmy D

On a 2003 rig, your biggest thing in Wake County (Raleigh) will be the OBD II diagnostics inspection they have started. But even if they just snif it, if you have all your computer stuff still hooked up, converter etc.. and not flashing any codes your probably ok. They will still check all the normal safty items, signals, gas caps, ebrake, lights work etc... Its getting harder and harder to get lick and sticks as each sticker is traceable to the issuing shop, and inspector...

Back