My neverending buggy build

Hurdt299

Here's my buggy that I've been building FOREVER. Started life as a Samurai. Has since undergone some improvements. The first pics are of it the way I bought it.

Here are the specs:
88 Samurai
97 4.3 Vortec
TH-350 trans
Samurai Case (Probably not the best idea, but I'm gonna try it)
Waggy 44s 5.89s spools
4 link rear 1/4 elliptical
Radius arm front with 14" Fox Air Shox
15 Gallon RCI Aluminum Fuel Cell
Allied Rockathon Steel Beadlocks
38X15.50-15 Nitto Mud Grapplers

View attachment 88431

View attachment 88432

View attachment 88433

pics are from 2003. got any updated pics???
or I'm guessing your camera's date is all screwed up...

I let the batteries go dead in the camera and didn't realize it screwed up the dates til later. I have 3 recent pics I'm gonna post up in a minute as soon as they upload.

buggy.jpg

buggy3.jpg

buggy2.jpg

Lookin good man...only thing i see is that tracbar on the front. Looks a little steep but hey man if it works it works. Bad ass sammi though.

Lookin good man...only thing i see is that tracbar on the front. Looks a little steep but hey man if it works it works. Bad ass sammi though.

Thanks. It's waaay steep. It was done when I bought it. Right now it's just holding the axle under the truck. It will be replaced with one at least a foot longer. It'll move sideways about 6 inches from full compression to full flex. Needs to be longer and more parallel to the axle.

Thats a nice sammi. Super clean. I'm liking it.

it will go up school bus much better than a 77 full size pick-up.:shaking: get on with it so i can see some scratches on it. i should put pics of TSRs buggy in here that has been going on longer than yours.

it will go up school bus much better than a 77 full size pick-up.:shaking: get on with it so i can see some scratches on it. i should put pics of TSRs buggy in here that has been going on longer than yours.

Haha. I know that's right. It shouldn't be too much longer. I had it ready to start up and found out the guy I bought the motor from knocked a hole in the oil pan when he pulled it out.

Back