my new 05 yfz 450

Bullardbs

Yfz450r with complete gytr racing.... Rental bars double wall flat,streamline stabilizer, razor tires, Regina pro gold chain, skid plate, a arm guards,gytr full exhaust, stage 2 cams, hot wheels graphics plastic, nerf bars,stage 3 dyna jet, 2 mm striker crank, new bottom end bearings, weisco 13:5 striker piston, pro timing chain, ported and polished head and pro kill switch

Anyone else have one and can give me any info on problems to watch for etc?

pic

Attachments

• yfz450.jpg
    yfz450.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 549
I know people who have mods like yours and they change oil after every ride but you should be able to go a couple of rides on an oil change. Do you run race gas with the 13:5 compression. I ran that same compression and could only run race gas. Reg pump gas will detonated before the piston go to top dead center and possible burn up the piston, bend a rod, or scatter the crank. Also be careful with that motor you get into reliability issues with a stroker crank. When was the motor built or rebuilt? A motor like that will need the top end rebuilt around 40hrs. I went close to 60hrs on my 06 trx450r with a high compression piston and the rod bearing went out destroying my crank, piston, and rod. Im not trying to down your ride Im just letting you know what to watch out for with that motor. Also look into getting a stainless steel oil filter. I run one on my new trx and I had one on my old trx. They are resuable and all you gotta do is clean it with some degreaser when you change the oil.

I was told to run pump gas and that's what I've put in it and have had no problems with it. And it was rebuild 2 months ago so not hardly any run time on the new engine. I have seen the stainless oil filters on line also what oil should I use in it?

it is definitely fast when you hit second it wants to take off front end comes up and go's

I run amsoil but thats because the shop I work at that is all we run.

Back