My new friend (with Pic)

Ron

Dum Spiro Spero
Well its been a strange weekend....

As know I used to raise, breed, train and field trial labs. When my first one died (7 years ago at 19 years old...I had owned her sine I was 3 and we had the same birthday) I lost all interest in them and within 2 months had sold/given away all my dogs kennels etc.

Over the past few years years we have had a few family pets. A Great Dane who was awesome but died of bloat at only 2 years old.

Then a mut mix we got for the kids that had heartworms when we got her and didnt know it...

Then finally 2 years ago a beagle that our neighbor gave us that was awesome, despite my reservations.

Anyway I got a call Friday from a friend who had just purchased a chocolate lab pup and then got transferred and is moving this week. He needed to get rid of her and thought of me...so I agreed. I still love the breed and she is a Perfect Chocolate. I mean even when we bred for traits we rarely got such a cute pup. Now she came with registration papers but none of the hip/jaw/stomach certifications or a blue blood pedigree. But she is a pet, not a trial queen, I am done wiith that boring crap (despite considerable success)

So anyway here are some pis of my new friend....

100_2579.jpg

100_2586.jpg

And then the wierd part, Saturday morning apparently our beagle ran away. I saw him when I went hunting around 5AM. Then when the wife went out to feed him around 9 he was no where around. Not unusual he will galavant throught the woods behind our house. But now 2 days later he hasnt turned up. We've asked all around no one has seen her and no sign on the road, even though its about a mile away.

So I planned on having 2 pets, but it looks like I only have 1.... the kids miss their beagle; but at least they have a cute new friend to take his place if he doesnt show back up.

good lookin pup.
always wanted a chocolate lab. hope the other dog turns back up!

Well my 4 year old daughtere insisted she be named after a Disney Princess.

So after nixing Cinderella, Snow White, Ariella, and Jasmine I relented on Bella...

Have to fill out the reg. papers later today, so full name not yet established.

Great looking pup you got there!

Back