My son's first mx race!

bronco slim

After riding for the last few years and a series of upgrades in bikes he was ready to give it a try. This pic is my son on the gate moments before it dropped for his first moto last weekend at Zoo City MX. He had to be nervous but played it off like no big deal. He didn't win but he didn't finish last either. I was real proud of him for giving it a try while getting quicker every lap and every moto.

Attachments

• IMG00093-20110827-1939.jpg
    IMG00093-20110827-1939.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 426
Very cool! Congrats to you both!

It will be fun, my son has been racing for two seasons and his goal the first race was not to fall and not to be last. Be prepared for being nervous right after the gate drops.. :)

Thanks for the encouragement. His next race is this saturday at Zoo City mx. Yea his 1st goal was to not be last and he succeeded so now I want him to pressure and/or pass the next 2 riders. The front 4 were definetly not D riders then the next 2 he could stay with if he pushes but the last place rider was for sure a beginner.
He's a good rider but cautious when it comes to really being in the gas. We rode at TNT in SC last week and on a straight away beside the track I challenged him to a drag race to get him to twist the gas and feel it. I had to check up to avoid a tight spot and he cut over in front of me and I ate roost. I couldn't help but laugh as I asked for it.
Anyway, I'll try to get up some more pics for you WarBeast

Awesome. I raced AMA District 29 and 33 for about 10 years then moved to NCHSA and GNCC "Hare Scrambles" after that. Where is Zoo City?

Zoo City MX is on old 220 just south of Asheboro. You can actually see the track from the new section of 220 a couple of miles below the Harley dealer. A really nice facility. They used to allow just casual riding until he went full time racing series. Now its just race or practice and that's it.

My son is 16 and is in the 250 D class so he's riding with a wide age group. I've seen him take some huge tabletops and clear them smooth but when it is a true double or gap he backs way off which is fine with me. I just want him to be safe and enjoy the riding. As a dad I get way more out of the whole experience of time spent with him than the riding itself. But I've been on a dirt bike since I was his age so it is a blast!

I don't know how he ended up with the nicer of our 2 bikes though...

MX

Congrats---------- And enjoy as much as u can
my son raced for over 10 yrs
was one of the best times of my Life
AMA District 29 --Then start racing Ultra Series
Lots Of fun-------
Your nervous now------Wait till theres 42 bikes on the gate
Love to go back to the track again
Lots of Luck

Yall are making me want to race again. I rode for 12 years without getting hurt. I rode the last time and had a wreck that could have been bad so i got out of it.

UPDATE: Last weekend he finished 8th/15 and then 4th/15. I wish I could have been there to see it but duty calls. A buddy from work took him to the races and couldn't believe the improvement. Final race of the series is the 15th. I'll get some pics then.

Back