My Tow Rig

built-tj

attachment.php
Just bought her
2500 Yukon XL
Loaded, 4x4, heated leather, satelite radio.
Its got the 6.0
14 bolt rear with limited slip.
Flowmaster

Going to do the K&N FIPK, headers, and a thunder racing cam.
I love it

Damn! WTF is Northen paying you fawkers these days? :lol: Ya can't hide money..

Couldn't see the pics, but those are nice rigs..

Personally, I wouldn't do the K&N, but that's just my experience.

yeah, you might as well just save your money and run no filter...

same here on the KN it seems not only do they let alot of air threw but everything else too. lets see some pics. i think the ultimate tow rig is a 1 ton suburban with nv4500 and a cummins or i guess the duramax allison combo would be adequate.

I will try to post a pic when i find a website i dont have to be a member of. Its black with the chrome package. tan leather, leveled out on 285/75/16s(~33s) I think its pretty bad looking

Im not at Northern anymore:)

It has decent power for bein stock. it has dual in/dual out flowmaster out 1 side. I want to switch to 2 seperate flowmasters for true dual and bring it to a fab shop to give me 2 out at an angle or right out the back. going to order edelbrock headers this week, and if not the k&N FIPK which other intake would you go with? I did some reading on the different programers, but from what ive heard from friends here, id be better off haveing it tuned at RPM(off 70east) which i woudent do till after i got my cam in.

i guess the duramax allison combo would be adequate
there's some company building such a thing i believe.

good call on RPM, i would reccomend a dyno tune there also vs. a programmer. they really know their LSx stuff.

I want to switch to 2 seperate flowmasters for true dual and

Save your money. Flowdisasters don't "flow" all that well anyway, and a good sized single is better than an isolated dual anyway.

Do the LSx factory engines have the same low lift limit that a regular SBC with Vortec heads has? IIRC, you could barely run .450 lift @ the rocker before you got into trouble...

it has dual in/dual out flowmaster out 1 side. I want to switch to 2 seperate flowmasters for true dual.

IIRC that truck allready has true duals from the factory going into one muffler with a single tailpipe. If you have a swapped in single MoFaster with dual in and out then you allready have the dual tailpipes added. And it would be a true dual exhaust using the muffler as your crossover pipe equalizing the two sides. I would leave it alone and just do the headers.

Just my .03 (inflation)

Yea i know what your saying, i will probaly just keep the dual in dual out, its plenty big and sounds good. But for some reason it has both pipes comming out one side. Im not crazy about the way it looks, either 1 on each side or both out the back. I just like the way it looks better, not going to change performance. Ive heard good things about RPM so thats where i think i will take it

Back