NC4x4 Map

ncflintlock

I started a Custom Google Map for NC4x4 Vendors. I set it to collaberate so everyone can add 4x4 related vendors in your area to the map.

Click on this link to see it in Google Maps:

NC4x4

Here is the actual URL incase the above is acting funny...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=214862313221034408478.0004c96e9f9d7d712ce0b

When it loads hit Edit and you can add your favorites!

I added the Uharrie trails. In Custom Google Maps you can add lines and geoms to mark trails and boundries. Read the sticky Uharrie Map thread to find out how I did this.

Last edited:
There ya go!
Anybody can add new vendors or edit the info on one of the existing ones. So If I screw something up, anybody can fix it.
I set this up to be Editable by All so once you get to the Custom Google Map you should be able to hit Edit on the left where the directions usually are it bring up 3 icons in the top left of the map. Click on the blue teardrop and add to the map and edit the name and description. For the icons I usually go to the vendors website and find a picture that is the logo. You right click on the picture and select the properties. You should be able to find the address path to the picture to copy and paste that URL into a custom icon. (Unless the site uses Flash then you need to find another pic on the web that exists) The picture should auto scale.

I add Right Side Performance but I am not sure of their address, check and make sure the location is correct on the map.

You guys have me in a quandry now. I was thinking it could be a map of all the 4x4 friendly vendors in NC so if I am fishing on the outer banks and break something, I know where to tell the tow truck to take it. I do see the point that the supporting NC4x4 vendors support the Forum and help our NC4x4 community. I don't know how to have a good list of 4wd friendly shops in NC but favor the Supporting Vendors.

Any thoughts??

Brick and mortar professional Jeep/offroad friendly shops would probably be fine in my opinion. Random guys with a carport in their backyard that they do work out of should probably have its own deal........

Brick and mortar professional Jeep/offroad friendly shops would probably be fine in my opinion. Random guys with a carport in their backyard that they do work out of should probably have its own deal........

I agree, that's why my barn isn't on the map, we do work for friends but my son and I have day jobs. I know my son would love to work on 4x4's 24/7, he has the offroad fever.

I agree, that's why my barn isn't on the map, we do work for friends but my son and I have day jobs. I know my son would love to work on 4x4's 24/7, he has the offroad fever.

Yeah, and chances are that if he does work on them 24/7 for 10 + years, they will not be his passion anymore and he will have to find other hobbies.......tell him to keep it a hobby so he continues to enjoy it!

Isn't there a shop down east near Havelock? I remember driving past it coming back from the Outer Banks.

Back