Need a Vendor to build Axles?

Mac5005

I'm currently working on a suburban project, and need to find a vendor to source and build the axles for the project. This project is not for myself, but I am in charge of it.

We are building an 80's model suburban for show, and to take employees on rides around on grassy areas and parking lots, nothing serious, as well as a few parades. Specs are as follows.

Engine: either LS376 or BB502, fuel injected
Drivetrain: TH400/205
Tires/wheels: 45" Goodyear MVT, Steel 20" Non beadlocks, or Alum 20" Non beadlocks
Suspension: 4 Link F/R, cantilever design, with shocks and airbags. shooting for 16-20" travel

To the Question part:

I am looking for a vendor to build the axles. I have gotten quotes from Boyce equipment and East Coast Gear Supply. Not sure of what other vendors in our area are capable and/or willing to source and build the axles. We are not building the axles, engine, trans, or tcase in house, as we are doing all the fabrication and assembly of all the parts.

Open differentials are a must, as well as wheel brakes, and a steering setup for each axle. Here is the breakdown of the quote from Boyce:

each Rebuilt 2 1/2 ton Rockwell steering axles less drum brakes $2300.00
each center rear differential to line up to transfer case $225.00
each Front Hub mounted Disc Brake Kits $1350.00
each 395/85R20 Michelin tire on custom wheels $695.00
Freight charges to ship business to business $1253.00
For a total of $11,558.00

So it is $4500 per axle shipped for 2.5T rocks.

East Coast quoted $6k per axle for steering tons, geared, open/open, with brakes. No shipping required.

Other items we are searching for are the Goodyear MVt's, wheels, and a th400/205.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated

Rockcity, trying to keep the money local unless not possible. Want to give any and all opportunity to local businesses first.

If situation were different I would source axles, rebuild them, put brakes and steering all in house, but it's not working out that way, which leads us to purchasing rebuilt axles ready to bolt tires and wheels on, attach brake lines, and weld on the link mounts.

Thanks everyone.

I wanna see a build thread on this big ol beasty.

Back