Need aluminum tool box referrals...

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
Looking for an aluminum tool box to be fabricated. I can do it here but I'm not really set up for it and don't really have the time.

So...

I want something like 42" wide at the rear, 50" wide at the front, overall height of 16", and a depth of 14". In the back, it will need to be notched out to 11" in depth from the bottom up about 13" then resume the depth of 14". Very similar to the truck bed rail tool boxes but the hinge and latch are reversed and the ends are tapered

It can be diamond plate but I don't need all that and it adds to the cost. I'd assume 1/8" aluminum would be sufficient. It needs to have a paddle type latch and lock. I'd like 2 drain holes also :) Oh yeah, it needs a lid that will be as water tight as a truck tool box.

If someone here can make that, let me know. I can provide CAD drawings. It doesn't need to be fancy or TIG welded. MIG is fine and mill finish aluminum is OK too. I'm going for purpose built over looks.

Rob

Olive Hill Welding in Roxboro can build one for you - 336.599.5800.

Jackson Creek manufacturing in Denton builds all types of custom diamond tread boxes.

alum. toolbox

I can build you one. I Have a small fabrication and machine shop in winston salem NC. I have all sheet metal, welding(TIG & MIG) & Machine work capabilities. contact me if you are interested. thank you.
Scott Fageol
SF Machine & Fabrication LLC
2518 W. Clemmonsville Rd
Winston Salem,NC 27127
336)817-8857
scottf@triad.rr.com

Thanks all. For the sake of getting it done quickly, I bought a cheap aluminum tool box and modified it to fit the buggy.

Back