need coilover rebuild

Fearfact

hey guys, im in need of my c/o's being rebuilt on my 03 tacoma but haven't had any luck finding anyone to do it around here. im in richlands (jacksonville area). ive spoke to downsouth motorsports but im trying to avoid that much downtime with the shipping and would be happy to pay a fellow wheeler for their time if there's a shadetree mechanic familiar with SAWs that would help out if i ge tthe seals, springs etc. thanks for any help or input.

-matt

If you're looking for a local shop to do the rebuild I can do it. A shock rebuild is $40 a shocks plus parts which are about $20 a shock. I'm assuming you have about a 8" 2.5 if you're still with the IFS. Are you looking for new valve stacks as well or just seals? What springs are you referring to?

I think their 2.0's. I can take a pic if it'll help. I'm thinking about a lighter rate spring because these are 650lb and are really old/harsh.. Lowering the height may help, ive read that when these are set over 2.5 inches they get rough and these arw around 2.75, i want then drip to 2.25. I'm thinking these have been untouched on the truck for a very longtime. Also want to know if they can be rebuilt to an ext travel...

If you dropped the spring rate you would have to crank the preload down even more which is what you're trying to avoid unless you went to a 2" longer spring with a much lighter rate and then stiffened the compression valving to compensate. Some things are a little unclear for me, give me a call so we can talk about this and try to get you in the right direction and then if you want to send me the coilovers I can take care of that.
Alex

I called and left a message... I just looked at my springs and they're marked 15/675.. If that means they're 675lb then that would explain why they're this harsh rspecially in conjunction with being adjusted a bit to high

Back