Need help looking

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
Trying to find a $5000 or less tow rig that I won't be afraid to drive to another state in

Anyone know of equipment companies that have websites of vehicle they are liquidating? Like Duke power, bobs construction....etc where they list their "for sale" equipment?

If you can find a one-ton GM gasser, it should be really realiable, and really easy to fix if it does break. :) The only thing you won't like is the fuel mileage (compared to a diesel). Should be able to find a decent one under $5000 - check the classifieds at ColoradoK5.com.

See this thread for examples of prices:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425

If you look around, they *are* out there (as evidenced by find), but may take awhile. I had numerous folks looking for me from all over the state, but they knew what I was looking for. Maybe you should post up *what* you'd LIKE to have?

For instance, I met a guy @ URE that owns a car lot (Brad w/ black FS Bronco on 37"s) and had him looking. He called the day after I bought my truck to say he'd found late '80s-early '90s F350 2wd CC dually diesel (6.9L ain't no slug) 5spd. that I suspect would fall within your budget

LOVE to find a 2wd CC ford dualie (with a bed or without...doesn't matter much)

LOVE it to be 92-97

LOVE it to be diesel

The perfect "found in barn" deal would be a 96/97 powerstroke 4 door that some widow has been holding onto for a while and recently found out her late husband cheated on her and is now willing to part with it for 1/3 it's value :D

But in reality I'm looking at just about anything I can find that I could buy with cash ($5000)

CasterTroy said:
LOVE to find a 2wd CC ford dualie (with a bed or without...doesn't matter much)

LOVE it to be 92-97

LOVE it to be diesel

The perfect "found in barn" deal would be a 96/97 powerstroke 4 door that some widow has been holding onto for a while and recently found out her late husband cheated on her and is now willing to part with it for 1/3 it's value :D

But in reality I'm looking at just about anything I can find that I could buy with cash ($5000)
You can find a powerstroke for that kind of cash if you look. last PSD I bought was a CC dually work truck with a bad motor for $500 , used motor $2000...sold the truck for $9500 just got to look, I'll keep a look out for you.

**Flame Suit ON**

I know people will disagree with me, but if I were gonna drop $5000 into a tow rig, I'd get a 1 ton gasser. Why? Because it's cheaper to replace the engine and as thecarman said, it's easy as sin to work on.

Diesels are cool (I know, we run 106 Detriot Diesel series 60's at my job), and it's nothing for one to turn 300K+ reliable miles, but when it's time to replace it, whoaa baby! It can set you back a good bit more than a gasser would.

You can stop by any truck stop and get an equipment trader mag. The mag occasional lists a few 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks that were used as work trucks by construction companies.

Back