Need help with tires.

Tails

I know we have all talked tires several times before. My little Tj currently has a set of 285/75r16 fierce Attitude m/t. They were brand new on a rubicon I bought almost two years ago. Since then I have put 62,000 miles on them and they still wheel great and have a good amount of tread. This Jeep is my daily driver, but she sees trail about twice a week and those that know me can vouch I send it, love mud and skinny pedal, and am not scared to try any line or trail with my Jeep.

I say all that because I’m ready to go up in tire size and to use these for a project in my daughters room. I want a 35ish size tire and remain at a 16in. It needs to last on road and handle anything I throw at it. It can be loud but I need at least 40,000 miles (approximately 1year for me) out of it. But not be vulnerable on trails. What tires do you recommend that goes to the size I want in a 16. It tends to be a rare rim size for bigger tires.

image.jpg
image.jpg

@77GreenMachine i have read that they have terrible problem with puncturing sidewalls. That’s what scared me away from them.

@StretchASU i have had mud grapplers and they wear fast as hell. How are the trail grapplers for wearing?

Another vote for Trail Grappler's, you should get 40K out of them if you keep them rotated and balanced.

I put 54k on a set of 35x12.50 r17 trail grapplers. They were under an 8k lbs dodge 2500 that towed a fair amount. I do not know if if the E range sidewalls helped that or not but I would imagine you could get 40 out of a jeep.

How are the trail grapplers on the trails?

I’m trying to get something that is best of both world. Don’t care so much about prices.

I’m trying to get something that is best of both world. Don’t care so much about prices.

Call Watson but from my eyes they are in the top 3 for DOT rated tires, I'd put them up there with the STT Pro's and MTR/K.

They are on my tow rig... But if they are good enough for King of the hammers I am sure they are good rnoeno for your shitbox... Lol

I only hear positive things about Trail Grapplers in both performance off road and life on the street.

As for Cooper STT I haven’t heard anything bad about them as well, a lot of people running them and happy with them this past weekend also.

I miss the old STT...I have a set of them in 37x12.50-17 on my 99. They pull damn good and have about half tread with 35k miles on them. I know the STT Pros are a little softer, so I probably couldn't get as many miles out of them, but they probably grab stuff even better.

Cooper probably knows a thing or two about making tires. They manufacture a lot of big name tires...or at least they used to anyway.

If it makes you feel better, I'm on my second set of Terra Grapplers on my 3/4 ton 83 Sub. 35/12.5/16. 1st set got me 84k miles with regular wheel rotations. Just put on a set of 33" Ridge Grapplers on the Silverado. Daughter has a set of 33" Trail Graps on her Xterra. I believe they now have right at 60k miles and are pretty close to needing replacement.

Let me just say that I am very impressed with the tire life you guys are getting out of a M/T tire (trail grappler). I just never imagined you could get 50/60k out of such an aggressive tire. I have goodyear wrangler SRAs on my DD truck and going to be lucky to get 45k out of them. They are original factory tire and someone else put the first 30k on them, so I don't know how often they were rotated or checked before owning the truck. You guys have def made me consider Nitto for my next set. I thought I was set on the Cooper AT3 (which seems to be a good tire) but I may reconsider. And congrats @Tails on the new set.

Back