Project Sh*tShow

Ds Comp panel and boatside all done. Now on to the passenger side.
20200624_125506.jpg
20200624_125451.jpg
20200624_094630.jpg

Radiator is mocked up. It's bigger then the original one and doesn't allow the use of a mechanical fan without either shifting the drivetrain back more or recessing it into the grill. Currently there is about 2.5" from wp snout to rad.

What's the general consensus on electric vs mechanical fans?
20201024_095342.jpg

Got the engine harness all loomed up an tucked back in place.

Fan came today, does this even need a shroud? It is almost the size of the finned section, also would attaching it directly to the rad with the supplied hardware (pull through tree doohickey) an issue?
20201028_162230.jpg
20201028_131758.jpg

I would put a shroud around the outside of it, similar to your cardboard. It will let the fan pull through all of the core vs just the circle. Also, the farther away you can get the fan, off the core, the more even the flow will be. The shroud also lets you mount it using regular hardware. Those pull through straps will fail when it starts getting hot.

I would put a shroud around the outside of it, similar to your cardboard. It will let the fan pull through all of the core vs just the circle. Also, the farther away you can get the fan, off the core, the more even the flow will be. The shroud also lets you mount it using regular hardware. Those pull through straps will fail when it starts getting hot.
Ok, I'm off to find a street sign..errr... I mean shroud

Go ahead and order that relay and harness in the link I posted above. It’ll save you a lot of headache later.

What's the bulk of what's lacking to get this drive able? Are you driving it from NJ to NC when it's time?

What's the bulk of what's lacking to get this drive able? Are you driving it from NJ to NC when it's time?
Yup, driving it down is the plan/hope. As of right now I need to be out of my house by November 23

All brakelines
Seats
Driveshafts (should be he Tuesday)
Cooling system
Finish exhaust
Power steering hoses

Yup, driving it down is the plan/hope. As of right now I need to be out of my house by November 23

All brakelines
Seats
Driveshafts (should be he Tuesday)
Cooling system
Finish exhaust
Power steering hoses
Nice!! Crunch time style!!
If you don't already have the tools and parts for building brake lines, I'll dig up Summit part numbers for ya. Brake lines can either be a breeze or a bear. The right stuff can make it joyfully easy. Best of luck!

Nice!! Crunch time style!!
If you don't already have the tools and parts for building brake lines, I'll dig up Summit part numbers for ya. Brake lines can either be a breeze or a bear. The right stuff can make it joyfully easy. Best of luck!
Oh I got the brakeline tools... At work I was the lucky sob that did all the steel lines... Miles of them. Upside is I have retired from my current job so I can hopefully work all day on this if the weather compiles. Just had 3 days of rain here.

Hell yeah. I've noticed a few details in this build that's led me to suspect you've been in either the welding industry or automotive, or both.
I'm a huge fan of your build. Nice to see some stick welds in there. Good to know it's not just me and @NickMaul that dabble in it lol
I'm slightly Jealous. I'd love to see Tim Diekmans shop in person.
:beer:

Hell yeah. I've noticed a few details in this build that's led me to suspect you've been in either the welding industry or automotive, or both.
I'm a huge fan of your build. Nice to see some stick welds in there. Good to know it's not just me and @NickMaul that dabble in it lol
I'm slightly Jealous. I'd love to see Tim Diekmans shop in person.
:beer:
Hahah, there isn't any stick welds there.... I'm not the best weld by far. Some of these welds were done long ago on a shittastic unit.

Rear brakelines done all the way to the prop valve. I forgot how much I hate stainless line. Hoses came into day so maybe I can run it for more then a second or to now.

Also, shock hoops came in. I was thinking of mounting the rears directly under the rear cage mount and tying them in? Thoughts?
20201105_153505.jpg
20201105_141744.jpg
20201105_152616.jpg

No pics but fan is wired and working just needs temp switch in block, front brakes done , dodge 2500 mc in and plumbed, turn signals brake lights, headlights all wired and functioning. Front output seal on case got replaced and front shaft is in. Rear shaft is installed but still needs a seal at case. Cooling system completely finished. Still got lots to do.

I have a question for the collective about cage stuff. My current cage is a factory main hoop and rear down bars. The front is an add-on kit, basically it is overhead and A pillar. Those are made in 1.75 DOM and factory is 2" or whatever. Now to my question, I need a cross bar for the seatbelts and I have 1.5 DOM here at home would that be okay to use or should I try to source some 1.75?

I have decided to rename this and the Jeep... Project ShitShow... every step of this has been a fight. If I have done it once I have done it 30 times. A simple sensor install turned into a whole fender removal and drill job. After blowing up the first new power steering pump and replacing it only to have it shoot the return line off because of a restriction in the reservoir and having to disable that one to find the issue I now have power steering. Went and picked up 4 surplus Goodyear's 37..... only to not be able to get the beads to seat. Now I got to take them to a big truck shop and see what they can do tomorrow. Add in all the packing of m tools, toolbox and my home and with closing on the 23rd The ShitShow is getting put on a trailer to be towed down... lets hope it fits. It still needs shocks and mounts, anti-wrap bar and some tidying up of the dash wiring...or to be set on fire.

20201116_103622.jpg
20201116_095642.jpg
20201116_153623.jpg
20201117_104226.jpg
20201117_170612.jpg

Back