Need referral for machine shop in Raleigh area

Benjie

It's a Toyota thing...
I need to have my 205 case machined for a larger input bearing. Anyone have any recommendations/experience with a machine shop in the Raleigh area. Or, an individual with shop experience/equipment will be good too.
Thanks.

I can handle if you're willing to ship it.

Kinda out in the middle of nowhere, but Bill Houser in Fuquay Varina (Bill's Speed Shop) has a very wide range of machine equipment for unique machinings. His shop is more less a large barn. If you can handle 1-2 hour conversations, he's very reasonable and has done some unique things for me and other friends. But he'll talk the ears off of a billy goat...

I can tell you about 3 places where NOT to go though! Don't even think about Dup's in Angier being number one. Carquest on Germantown Road is a close second.

I've heard good things about T-hoff from Chase at ECGS? But Bill Houser builds everything from monster trucks to drag cars and has reamed a many king pin bushings for me and friends. Highly recommend if you got the time.

Thanks 6 Bang. I will look into that.

To close this up, I ended up at Hamilton Machine Works off of Tryon Road in Raleigh. I went to Bills Speed Shop, but he was not there. He and I couldn't line our schedules up to drop it off.

Hamilton was a great experience. Dropped off Tuesday, wife picked it up this morning. $50 for opening up the input bearing hole on my 205 case. I felt that was reasonable. They even watched the rug rats for my wife while she and Lenny loaded it.

+1 for Lenny at Hamilton's. He drilled and tapped the hardened output shaft on a 465 for me for $70 - with it still in the tranny! Can't beat that with a stick.

Back