Need some names for bathroom tile repair job - Mebane area

benmack1

I have a tiled upstairs bathroom shower that I have some water leakage with. I don't think it is the actual pan or drain, but rather the shower door and 4 inch step that might be my problem. I need someone to come take a look and either agree or disagree but eitherway make any needed repairs up to a pan replacement. This isn't a huge job even at that, but minimally, I need it regrouted and probably the glass surround modified or replaced and a few tile that have come loose taken up and replaced with new. Bottomline, I need someone who knows that the hell they are doing to make this right.

I have no idea who to call. I had a guy out today, let's just say he won't be getting my business. He seemed more confused about this job than I was and I ain't anything close to a tile guy. Then after he looked at the shower, he asked if he could take a piss. OK, fair enough, but before I could even answer or step out of the can, he cut loose (door open and all). Mind you I just met this dude 10 minutes earlier, not like we're old college buddies or anything there. Thank god my wife wasn't around, if she ran upon that scene someone would have been dead, she wouldn't have seen the humor in it (it was kinda funny I thought). I had already made up my mind this guy wasn't going to be taking up any bathroom tiles in my house, but that was hilarious to cap off a total cluster F of an estimate. He then proceeded to wander around my house talking to me as I followed trying to corral him. WTF!

Anyway, I digress. I could probably take a crack at this myself, but I really don't want to get into this especially if there is a leak under the shower. I'm just looking for professional, who is competent and trustworthy. I'm not looking for cheapo and am happy to pay for a professional. Anyone got someone they can recommend or if any of the NC4X4 folks do this kind of work I would be happy to throw my business toward this community.

Back