Need Stumps Removed, Recommend Anyone?

85TrailRunner

I've got anywhere between 30-40 stumps in my back yard that mainly range from 6-10 inches in diameter with a few that might be larger. Anyway who would ya'll recommend to hire to come out & grind them up? I tried go the rental route but both times I rented a stump grinder from a company it broke so I've never even made it through one stump & was just wondering how much this might cost me to just hire someone?

I tried go the rental route but both times I rented a stump grinder from a company it broke so I've never even made it through one stump & was just wondering how much this might cost me to just hire someone?

Unless you're independently wealthy, the avg stump grinder is gonna sprout wood over 30-40 stumps (& attempt to break it off in you!)... I'd suggest a NEW rental company!

Aaron and Dennis Sifford. they live in Salisbury but would probably travel out that way. give them a call and see what they say. Aaron's number is 704-798-1020. tell him Justin told you about them. good luck!

Alright thanks for the info. :beer:

get them dug out, not ground down. Grinding them only hides them, but they are still there under the top of the ground. Couple of years later they will rot out and you will have one heck of a lumpy yard.

Rent a small backhoe. It would be much cheaper and better IMO.

^That's the way to do it. Grub the stumps out with an excavator then fill the holes with a bit of extra dirt. Way better in the long run and machine rental for something to take out stumps that size shouldn't be bad at all.

Back