Needing to get 2” DOM bent, recommendation near Charlotte/Concord?

87GMCJimmy

Oddly, I am having trouble finding someone that can bend 2” DOM. I have some .120 wall and some .250 wall I need bent. Even if they can’t bend the .250 wall, that’s fine, that’s not as much of a priority project as what I need the .120 wall bent for. Any recommendations of someone that can bend 2” .120 DOM in Charlotte/Concord???
Thank you!

Thanks man! I wish I was closer! I may hit you up if I can't find closer. It's very odd to me that nobody seems to have provisions for bending 2" tube as it would seem to be the most logical choice for a LOT of vehicles! Using various sanctioning bodies' requirements for rollcage tubing size as a general guide to appropriate tubing size per vehicle weight, one arrives at the conclusion that at 5000lbs and above, 2" tube is the way to go. (4000 and above for some sanctioning bodies!) Looking at most of the builds I see, folks are in the 4000-5000lb range easily (most leaning toward 5000lb I'd wager) yet few people seem to be using 2", making it difficult for me to find someone that can bend 2"!

The logistics suck, but I have the amenities. 2" is my preferred tubing size.

How much do you need bent? I'm pretty certain I have a 2 inch die. All of mine are 180 degree too.

How much do you need bent? I'm pretty certain I have a 2 inch die. All of mine are 180 degree too.

Awesome! Please let me know if you do, you’re the closest person to me!!! Two tubes for the start of a hybrid exocage. I want to do the B and C pillars for now (so the rear portion that will be in the bed) and plan to do the A pillars and roof portion later. (though, I may just go ahead and bend those portions too, would be 2 posts with 2 bends and one long tube with 2 90s) For the ones I need ASAP- probably 4 bends in one and 6 in the other but may be able to get away with 2 bends in one and 4 in the other, I haven’t actually measured yet. I’ll figure that out tomorrow if I have a chance.

Okay, after looking at it- definitely need 4 bends each, 2 bends would look terrible! 6 bends on the second one might look odd so, two identical hoops may be the way to go.

I have a 2 inch die. It is on a 6 inch radius.
My machine is not rated for .250 wall. It will do up to schedule 40. Why they choose a pipe rather than tube rating is beyond me.
Anyhow it will bend up to .154 that large in diameter.

If you know the layout and usage per bend we can go straight to it. Other wise some good dimensions and we can plug it into some software.

I’ve got dimensions, unfortunately I do not have any recollection of how to layout with usage per bend, I remember learning that on school but that was 9 years ago and unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to use it since. : ( But, I do have dimensions! Unfortunately what I don’t have is the right length DOM, what I’ve got is too short. Do you have any 2” .120 wall DOM on hand?

Back