new axles

pstrokejunky

i aquired some new axles yesterday.. dana 44 front 4:56 gears open but ive got a mini spool for it and a dana 60 rear full floater LS 4:56.. now the questions.. they came outa an early chebby so its drum all the way around and thats :gay: but i got the axles cheap 200 for both and i figured i cant even get a set of gears for that price so a couple hundred for some new bearings and stuff isnt a huge deal... now the brakes... anyone have a parts list to convert either of these axles or a company with kits... how do i find out what year it is? the guy i got it from only knew early 70's edited the post to drum

If you can find a newer d44-chevy started with disc brakes around 70-71, you can put the knuckles on your axle. I dont know if the newer spindles will fit your knuckles. You need the newer spindles, backing plates, roters, bearings, etc. Or you could swap your gears into another housing if you're felling lucky.

my buddy has a 78 d44 front so were going to strip them both down and compare em and hopefully that will work and ill just go to napa and buy all new parts... ill leave the rear drum so i can get it wheelable by august for paragon cuz some friends are getting married in paragon so...the brakes that are on it are like brand new... was on a show truck and setting up gears isnt a big deal for me

Back