New crawler....maybe member

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
So my son goes to Thomasville to an RC shop and comes home with what looks like a goldmine of components for one truck.
1209171923.jpg

Bags and bags of springs, links, components and stuff I don't recognize.
Came with what he said was a top of the line computer. Momba Max Pro? Discovered it doesn't fit well or something. It came with a really fancy charger, 2- 7.4 lipos, and some kind of battery level plug in gadget. Two sets of tires and a whole host of other do dads I don't recognize.

15128664375831209169843.jpg

Fancy charger.
1512866521478-1020236305.jpg
I totally talked him out of a few Craiglist purchases.
His buddy has a crawler also bought used....I knew it was a matter of time.
Knew it was a matter of time...also proud he made the purchase all on his on. Total ownership and responsibility.

But the parental question remains......he paid $350.00. Which included this controller.
15128668539471515209333.jpg

Did he do ok?

Wraith is a good choice. @adamk can speak to everything else. I've been to that shop in Thomasville more than as few times. Castle and spectrum make good products. I run spectrum controllers/recievers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

He did fine he didn't steal it but it looks like it has some upgrades like the steering Link's the esc witch is the Mamba Max is more of a race type esc it's not water proof so kind takes some of the fun out of having such a truck by the way he may have opened up the worm hole of addiction but hey it could always be worse

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Without seeing the rig in more detail, I can’t tell if it was truly a good deal. I will say that some of the parts I can easily make out are of good quality.

-The links/steering look like vanquish/incision which are very nice.
-The MMP speed controller is actually used very heavily in the crawling world. It’s ease of tuning and configuration allows one to fine tune to the users driving style.
-A balance charger is needed for extended life of the Lipo batteries. While that particular model will get the job done, it’s not exactly top of the line. It’s a good starter choice because if it’s simplicity.
-I can see there’s a ton of small items on the rig but, as stated, I can’t make out brand or quality.

Back