new rock garden

91oneton

we spent all day saturday haulin in rocks. one of the guys that i ride with decided we need a place to go an ride and not get run off. he has around 75 acres on this track that is partly wooded and the rest fields so there should be plenty trails to go with the rocks. i do not own this land and do not want to speak for the owner but hopefully we will be able to have some guest by fall. we hauled about 80 tandem loads in sat. there still is alot of work to do here. we are gonna work again this weekend. next on the list is some winching post and a fire pit. we also are gonna try to get power for lights and electrical hookups.

Attachments

• 10A.jpg
    10A.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,958
  • 16A.jpg
    16A.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,729
cool.. I have thought on this too.
I don't know where conover is but I'm sure I'd be up to come work/wheel one w/k if that's an option.

thanks for the info

OH MY GOD!!! FREE ROCKS!!! HOW DID YOU EVER FIND SOMEONE TO HAUL THEM??? OH MAN THIS IS GONNA MAKE NORTH CAROLINA THE BESTEST PLACE TO WHEEL EVER!!!! :driver: :D ::huggy: :beer: :driver:

O wow

OH MY GOD!!! FREE ROCKS!!! HOW DID YOU EVER FIND SOMEONE TO HAUL THEM??? OH MAN THIS IS GONNA MAKE NORTH CAROLINA THE BESTEST PLACE TO WHEEL EVER!!!! :driver: :D ::huggy:

Arron that was a awesome post. Next time put more emphasis on the key words and capitalize anything you say louder in the sentence. Do it right if your going to try to make fun of somebody.

well a contrator was building a school 1/2 mile from his land so we actually did them a favor gettin rid of them. lucally were all in the construction line of work so his boss graciously donated his time and a 320 cat and tandem dump truck and larry donated another truck and the tractor. next weekend were gonna cut the trails through the woods.... if anybody knows where we can get some 4x4 post about 6 feet long or some railroad ties the insurance wants the field area fenced in.

cool man. keep up the good work, it's good to see people getting off the puter and actually working towards a worthwhile thing. :Rockon:

That's some good looking rock too! That looks like they were able to gather the rock without blasting using excavaters and such. Not alot of sharp edges on it. Going rate for dynomite dudes to blast the rock... $40 per cubic yard! And they blast a minimum of 4' down.

Every job site around here that I know of hits rock. If you want rock and construction is happening close by, it pays to just ask. Rock swales like 35% too when you blast it. There's always more than expected. I don't know how much it costs to grind the rock down to compactable size so it can be used in control fill on site but I'm sure it ain't cheap. I have a good idea that the offset cost of just hauling it off locally is much MUCH less.
Thing is, there's usually large amounts of rock to dispurse and not many people are devoted for all of it. I'm sure developers don't want to fool with one guy wanting a few rocks for yard art so they don't even advertise. Time is always a factor as well. Every day the rock sits, it eats into profits. Latest trend is buring it between lots but it takes adjustments to rid of the dirt from the trench as well. It's a juggling match. You never know actually how much rock you are going to hit cause we just can't see it down there. Unless you do a grid of test bores. At a few hundred dollars per test bore, that could get pricey as well instead of just altering site grading later down the road.
Rock is a nuissance to Developers and if you catch them early before they go spending on re-engineering and such, they would be shocked to have some dude wanting all the rock and would gladly offer their equipment services. It pays to know someone as well!

sorry, i just had to do it.... no hard feelings matt... anyway, good job on the rock and hopefully it will be a good place to wheel... thanks for your effort on this

what???

Thats not my project Arron. Its just 1/100th of what I had at my disposal back when I was asking about doing the same thing. Maybe less. Its is a good job and they have some good looking rock. Need more;) :tongue:LOL!!!!!!! Skybetta on here has some pics of what I was dealing with months ago. WOW!!!!! It was insane.:eek: :Rockon: Glad to see people starting to do this.

Where is this land and trails located exactly?? What will it cost?? How many railroad ties do you want?? Here in the RTP area we have Railroads running all through it. They replace the ties every couple years in some sections and they have been doing it lately. I bet if you ask they will let you have them because they take them to the garbage dump and pay to dump them there. I have seen them do it and always wanted to ask. Ill see if I can find some piles. You gotta way to transoprt a few hundred rail road ties??

Hey Brandon If you guys are going to be out there this weekend I would love to help on sat. I could bring my jeep out and use it as a test dummy. I also found a place getting rid of some very large rock. Like literaly the size of say half ton pickups. The only thing is hauling them from harrisburg to lincolnton.

Methinks you need a bigger tractor! Great job!

Maybe URE would donate the fence. You would just have to remove it! I know there is over 2000' of fence just waiting to be ripped down.

Back