New to the Area

.shane.

Feel free to move my thread if I have posted in error.

Recently moved to Wake Forest and looking for some Jeepers and trails. I have a 2000 XJ and a 2004 WJ. I just put a lift on the XJ and really want to test it out.
Pictures:

ai.imgur.com_kgGnGQfl.jpg

ai.imgur.com_sTjN5l.jpg

Thanks for the welcome and invite! I've already got tickets to the beer festival in Durham on the 5th. Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat -- definitely my kind of fun. Bummer about the trails. What's your idea of close? 30 miles? Thinking about picking up a place in Johnston County.. Anything around there you know of?

Welcome, yes Uwharrie is the closest legal spot aside from private land. I'm pretty close to you, probably within 15 minutes. I'll be riding with these guys next weekend too.

I used to do those beer fest things but after last year in Raleigh I think I'm out, pushed it a little too far! If you want to plan out a weekend to make a URE run lemme know

Welcome, yes Uwharrie is the closest legal spot aside from private land. I'm pretty close to you, probably within 15 minutes. I'll be riding with these guys next weekend too.

I used to do those beer fest things but after last year in Raleigh I think I'm out, pushed it a little too far! If you want to plan out a weekend to make a URE run lemme know

Man, that is a bummer, so far away! Too bad the trip is on the same day. If, it wasn't for family coming down.. I'd probably cancel and head to the URE gig with you guys. Camping and good people is much more fun in my mind.

I would definitely be down for a trip after though. I'd like to take a weekend and explore the area over there. Maybe on the 18th or so of October.

You gotta check out the Uwharrie Fall Jamboree,on Oct. 12th. Hosted by the Uwharrie Off Road Training Center. All info is posted under "events", here.
Will be held across from "The Outpost",on Hwy 109, where you will need to pick up your trail pass, for Uwharrie; gas/food/& supplies! Welcome!:D

wow, seriously.. I have a wedding that weekend my girlfriends sister. Such bad timing.. :/

** Might be able to attend the URE work day though.

Man you need to get your priorities straight!!! I am in youngsville/ wakeforest area if you want to do some wrenching. We are heading out to the flats on oct 11-13 as well. You can give me a shout. 919-349- seventy 36. We work on our rigs all the time to get ready for the next event. I have 3 rigs waiting to get wrenched on but they are all toyotas. Come over and hang out anytime

Man you need to get your priorities straight!!! I am in youngsville/ wakeforest area if you want to do some wrenching. We are heading out to the flats on oct 11-13 as well. You can give me a shout. 919-349- seventy 36. We work on our rigs all the time to get ready for the next event. I have 3 rigs waiting to get wrenched on but they are all toyotas. Come over and hang out anytime

Might take you up on that. I have a few seals I need to replace and no where to do it!

Welcome! And don't get discouraged, there are a few Raleigh trails that are NOT posted that a group of us ride on the weekends without any problems. Check out Raleigh Area Wheelers (RAW) on facebook. That is where a lot of local guys post meets, wheeling locations and general info. It would be nice to have another XJ fewquently wheeling with us. I'm the lone ranger!!!

Welcome! And don't get discouraged, there are a few Raleigh trails that are NOT posted that a group of us ride on the weekends without any problems. Check out Raleigh Area Wheelers (RAW) on facebook. That is where a lot of local guys post meets, wheeling locations and general info. It would be nice to have another XJ fewquently wheeling with us. I'm the lone ranger!!!

The reason they are NOT posted is because they are illegal..

I have dragged people off some of those trails in the past so I am not throwing stones at anyone.. I am just going to say that the more 4x4's use illegal trails the worse it looks at the 4x4 community overall.
If you have land or your friends do and you have written permission from the land owner well then have fun.. if you are just riding some power line trails or woods behind some open land well then please don't.. especially if you have nc4x4 stickers on your rig or any other club for that matter..

Ken C

Back